American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:09 am 
Gentlemen,

Our Army was honored last week to be visited by Miss Mississippi Mary Roark. I am pleased to say she was treated well by all the members of this Army! Even Nicodemus put on a tuxedo and although he was shocked and stunned by her selection of a gator skin purse he recovered nicely and bowed appropriately. She was a gracious guest and was sorry to have missed meeting our gallant CoA whose train "mysteriously" was delayed in Alabama - twice :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:07 pm 
General Blake,

Why don't you announce these things, Sir! :cry:

Yeeeehawww! Why I'd have given a horrid Rebel Yell and would have "almost" put on a flea infested gray uniform to have been here to meet Miss Mary Roark!

But then... I'm sure you boys wouldn't have been very happy when I stole Mary away and made her... Mrs. Greg Olinsky! :wink:

It also would have been a sight to behold to see Nicodemus looking at that gator skin purse...

but even better to have seen him on the menu! I hear alligator is a delicacy in Mississippi! :mrgreen:

PS - Don't worry about General McOmish not attending... he doesn't like women that are prettier than him! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:53 pm 
Sir,

Ah, you tell the most delusionally wonderful tales! At this very moment Mary sits upon this lap of mine and laughs at your insinuations. She does feel sorry for you though and has asked me to tell you that she has a younger brother who she believes would be perfect for you :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:02 pm 
General Blake,

It "IS" a bit of a stretch... to imagine Mary sitting on your lap, Sir! Unless you're wearing a red suit and sporting a white beard? :?

But if Mary were sitting on your lap... (and I know she isn't)... she'd certainly be laughing... and it wouldn't be because of my insinuation that I COULD make her my wife!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:24 pm 
I do not doubt you are capable of marrying her in theory. The same as I do not doubt that the Yankees could field an Army of brave men in theory. But the likelihood of either one of these happening is so remote that the thought is downright amusing.

I havent worn that suit since our last X-Mas Party!

Thanks for the Memory...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:58 pm 
General Strickler,

Strangely... the photograph above looks nothing like the earlier photograph of you at The Miss Magnolia's School for Young Ladies???

What am I to believe? You are either a horrible liar or a master of disguise! Of course, your courses in "How to properly apply Cosmetics" may have come in handy. Particularly with that ugly mug of yours! :wink: But at least you don't look like Major General Hebert...

I think Nicodemus may have mauled him a time or two in a drunken rage! But that's what happens when you involve yourself in kissing horses and alligators! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:01 pm 

Major Olinsky <salute>

Suh, my compliments!

Nicodemus doesn't have the time to surf the web for nifty pictures to accompany his posts. Fighting is where this war will be won, and you've thrown enough talk around that you should experience the pain that goes with it.

Nicodemus has already sent a courier to some of you superiors, however they may have neglected to mention it out of concern for your well-being. Send your Yanks forward in your 20,000 man challenge, and Nicodemus will bring a stick. We'll see who ends up on it.

Time to jump, froggy!

CSA Cabinet Secretary

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:04 pm 
Major General Hebert,

Good afternoon, Sir! <salute>

I'm just waiting for my superior's to issue the orders to move forward! I saw an email from General Garner and then one from Major General Shaw but I'm not sure exactly where we stand on the 20,000 Man Challenge at the moment. But I am looking forward to it. :)

I should probably get busy and start putting together the Tournament web page. I have been collecting a few images for the page... between looking for pictures to post to these AotM forums! I assure you I don't spend a whole lot of time looking for pictures for here though! :P

I'll be looking for you across the battlefield, Sir! And so will my sharpshooters! :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]