American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:54 pm 
Sir,

I appreciate your many visits to our lovely tavern! We enjoy the company. We would love to visit your army's tavern at the MDT.... oh wait.... there is none! Thats right... no Yankee commander has had the courage to set up shop at the MDT forums for fear of his tavern being swamped with rowdy rebels talking trash and disrupting his tea and crackers. If you could somehow manage to get your Army to join the MDT forum with an open tavern (no passwords, sir!) then we might view you as more of a leader of men rather than a court jester. Any and all Union tavern at the UA forums site do not count as being "open" since only about three Rebs are registered there. Cameron and I went there a few times but then the "Village People Night" celebration kinda spooked us. We don't talk about that night :shock: We enjoy your company here. Surely you would love to reciprocate the graciousness of your hosts by offering us a table at a brand new AotS Tavern here.

CHALLENGE OFFERED, SIR!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:00 pm 

General Blake <salute>

Suh, my compliments!

That sounds like a fine suggestion, however if visits to the Yankee taverns include "Village People" night we might decide to hang out here. Nicodemus would have a very hard time finding a leather outfit his size, and the cap is nowhere near fancy enough to be considered appropriate headgear. Could you imagine the "Three Musketeers" wearing those? :oops:

Truth be told, Colonel Olinsky probably enjoys visiting our taverns because the atmosphere is more joyous and doesn't present a feeling that you're attending a wake. Heck, he even musters in with the Army of the Mississippi! It must be a severe blow to his honor to serve amongst ghosts, although a few good Confederate officers might add some "life" to the place.

Your obedient servant,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:16 pm 
Still no reply, Neal. Could it be that Col. Olinsky has been silenced??

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:52 pm 

General Blake <salute>

I doubt that Colonel Olinsky can be silenced :wink:

Nicodemus has determined that the silence is due to the Yankee command. Our taverns are more lively and have better liquor. Nicodemus recently assembled a security detail to accompany General McOmish on a visit to the Eagle's Perch and found that the visit was the most activity the bartender had seen in months.

The bottles were dusty and the barkeep asleep in the corner when General McOmish arrived. The beer was stale, and the whisky was beyond description.

Suh, our belief is that Colonel Olinsky visits our establishments looking for good conversation which can't be found within his own army.

Your obedient servant,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:34 pm 
Neal Hebert wrote:
Nicodemus has determined that the silence is due to the Yankee command.

Are you suggesting a conspiracy, sir?

I wouldnt put it past them Yankees. First Lincoln is "elected" and then they claim we were the "aggressor" for firing on Sumter. These Yankees have no ethics. These are the same rascals who armed John Brown and convinced him to commit treason against the fine state of Virginia!

(maybe if we poke Gregor enough he will respond)

:idea:

And another thing I don't like about Yankees.... NEBRASKA! Filled with no good, murdering, thieving, raiding, vermin, sinners! Even the corn from that state tastes sour.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:37 am 

For an unofficial adopted son of the AotM Col Olinsky has been conspicuous by his absence and lack of white noise - I hope he has fallen off his horse - I mean I hope he has not fallen off his horse.

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:27 am 
Gentlemen,

Was someone just taking the name NEBRASKA in vain? :evil:

I didn't know that greeters from Wal-Mart had that sort of gumption... but perhaps something rubbed off on her while she was employed at TARGET! But if she keeps it up... that's exactly what she'll have painted on her big hairy chest... a BIG RED...

and I can tell you I'll be quite happy to pop off a few rounds into that little circle right in the middle! We'll see if Major General Hebert remembers how to treat a sucking chest wound from his Army days! 8) Otherwise, we're going to be short a Club President!

Now as for this talk about a forum. I didn't realize that The Winchester Arms was a closed forum to you Rebs. But it has been recently modified by General Meyer and you should all be able to access it now. But then there was this complaint that most of you Rebs were not registered to those forums... probably an intelligence issue... but you do know you COULD use the same password for all the forums you register for if you find it so confusing!

But honestly... I don't think I need to establish a new forum as I already have a topic in the Mason Dixon which I consider my home. It's the "Hancocks Division" topic. I haven't posted there of late as I was asked not to do so until all the issues revolving around the Division were resolved. Something about a mass exodus of Rebs to the Army of the Shenandoah if they knew we might be willing to take them in. And you can't blame them for wanting to leave the Confederacy behind. Everyone wants to be a winner on occasion... even those boys from Tennessee! But now everything appears to be in order... so you should begin seeing regular posts from me there. So come on down... if you want to brush shoulders with some winners! :D

My apologies for being a bit distant the last week or so... I've been a bit caught up in various projects in the AoS. Helping General Ringbloom put all the pieces in order for the whipping we are preparing to lay on the Army of the Mississippi in the days ahead! I built a trophy case of cypress wood... it should be a fitting place to display a stuffed gator! <salute>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:21 am 

Colonel Olinsky <salute>

Suh, welcome back!

I'll begin by informing you that Nicodemus is already stuffed; he liberated you Yanks of another pack horse recently :mrgreen:

We had a report from our sentries that an enterprising member of your division was spotted using something called "velcro" to attach text following the "H" for battlefield communications, with the following image submitted with their report:

We found this remarkable and have been working to identify other messages which might be seen in the future, coming up with "Hurry to the rear", "Holy crap", and "How did we get into this mess?" as of this dispatch. The analysis continues.

Highest regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:12 am 
Did you hear that Neal? It sounded like we were just fed a party line! I thought I actually saw little strings hanging from the ceiling as he danced in front of us with that reply.

"Gee fellas, you can come to the UA forums. All you gotta do is register for a new account, ID, and PW."

The AotS used to have their own tavern here on our street. Finally, cowards that they are, they closed up and went to the UA forums and adopted the party line.

Face it Neal, the Yankees are being trained what to say in reply to us on this topic.

Col. Olinsky cannot accept our challenge.

Army of the Mississippi 1 - Olinsky 0

As far as I am concerned the tournament is over already. We win :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:43 am 

General Blake <salute>

Suh, my compliments! We're looking at scenarios from Chickamauga just in case :wink:

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:00 pm 
The best HPS game in my opinion!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:40 pm 

General Blake <salute>

Suh, we'll make those eastern dandies regret challenging the Army of the Mississippi to a fight.

Highest regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:19 pm 
General Strickler,
Blake,

Who died and made you the score keeper? Is that such a good idea? Being you can't count past ten with your boots on! :wink:

I must say I had to smile at Major General Hebert's little do dittle about the Hancocks Division flag. Velcro? I haven't ever heard of it up here in the north... it must be a French import. You gents need to be careful when dealing with the French... I don't think they've ever won more than a minor engagement here or there in their entire history. Just look at them French Cajuns down there in the Louisiana swamps. They've been gettin' their tails kicked for hundreds of years... kept turning and running... next thing you know... they find themselves in the armpit of the South... no man's land...

I guess there's only one place left for them to go... MISSISSIPPI!

I reckon it's time thin out the infestation a bit... before y'all start the multiply! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:54 pm 

Colonel Olinsky <salute>

Suh, my compliments!

I invite you to visit Breaux Bridge, Louisiana, and begin spouting your dribble about Cajuns. I'll let my brother know you're coming; I know who will be turning to run. He's not as diplomatic as I am :mrgreen:

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:08 am 

WAIT ONE New York MINUTE

I have to spend the last week covering down in my real world business and I come back and find ya'll been having all this fun.....save me some of that yankee hide...

I have noticed only one yank has the strength to enter our hallow halls but what I understood from our spies
is that when they lined up all the blue belly sap suckers and asked for volunteers to try to harass us...they asked them to take a step forward..well all of them took a step back except for Col Olinsky..who just stood still..
oh well....this is the best they have to offer...tsk tsk tsk......

well you know its sad they have to resort to bribing scalawags with 30 pieces of silver.....

LTG Tim Miller
CoS
AotM

I Corp
Army of Tennessee

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next