American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fall Offensive
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:48 pm 

We are rolling (contain yourself Beyersdorf).

Fighting Joe Mederios, Marse Neal Hebert, General BLake, and Mike Laabs have started us out with victories.

Encourage your troops to send updates to Greg O. And Greg, If you are reading this, and we know you are, see if you can spell Joe's name right.

Greg would like some updates. I am at turn 8 with general drex, and our troops just said hi to each other. Greg will forward the updates and there is a great web site http://shenandoah.acwgc-usa.org/BattleBoard.html. Any reb than can make web sites, please call me. I just drool at everybody elses. On the other hand I drool a lot anyway.

I would like to say thanks for the participation, and who doesn't like victories?

PS, nobody keeps score of how many friend you meet and make. Use this as an opportunity to play your opponents in the future.

"Well, Govan, if we are to die, let us die like men."

MGen.Patrick R. Cleburne

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Fall Offensive
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:03 pm 
Dang... how did I mess Joe's name up so bad! I'll get that fixed right away! <salute>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:48 pm 
Officers of the Army of the Mississippi,
Gentlemen,

I am here to eat some crow! :shock:

May I be the first to congratulate General Kennon Whitehead on successfully taking Colonel Olinsky out to the wood shed and kicking his tail! General Whitehead has won a Confederate Minor Victory against me in the AoS vs AotM Fall Offensive. I should like to read my laundry list of excuses why I was beaten... but then you all would expect that... and since General Whitehead gave my boys hell in a above board... fair and square fashion... it just wouldn't be appropriate!

A great game, Sir! I am looking forward to facing you on the field of battle again and hopefully gaining a more desirable result! <salute>

Boys... if Yankee gold is still an acceptable form of payment in this here establishment... please allow me to buy the first round so that you may toast General Whitehead on his Victory!

I, on the other hand... am now off to give Lt General Drex Ringbloom the bad news. I am sure he will not be pleased! :(

Warmest Regards,

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:15 pm 
Wasn't there some sort of flag on the line in this tournament?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:32 pm 
General Blake,

LOL! I likes flags! :wink:

There is a trophy... but I don't know anything about a flag for this particular contest!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:12 pm 
Really Olinksy? Wasnt the Hulinsky flag up for grabs here :mrgreen:

I seem to remember you bragging about that.

Your army could still make a comeback and win the tournament. Whats the matter? No faith in your Army? Afraid to lose the flag?

Bock Bock...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:15 pm 
General Blake,

Why Sir... I am simply acting in a gentlemanly fashion! :)

Are you suggesting it's proper for me to walk into this finest establishment and insult the Officer's of the Army of the Mississippi? Surely not! :shock:

The Hulinsky flag is not in my possession... nor is it mine to give. You'll have to talk to Lt General Ringbloom about that! I'm simply a lowly staff Colonel serving as General Ringbloom's Chief of Staff. I have no authority over anything. :wink:

Now as for the Hancock's Division flag... well that is another matter entirely. But no one has approached me about putting that flag on the line. I don't blame them... it would be quite an achievement to try to wrestle those colors away from us.

Warm Regards,

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:23 pm 
Olinsky wrote:
Now as for the Hancock's Division flag... well that is another matter entirely. But no one has approached me about putting that flag on the line. I don't blame them... it would be quite an achievement to try to wrestle those colors away from us.

That old thing? You couldnt pay us to take the Hospital Flag off of your hands!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:34 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

As I recall, the Army of the Missippi colors were captured by Corcharan's Legion (forgive the mispelling) who denied our challenge a couple of years ago to reclaim the colors. They now seem to be in disarray and ineffective as a fighting force, although the AotS might claim to be in possession. Who knows where it is hidden?

Should those in possession of the colors be willing to meet for them, I'm certain a team could be raised for that purpose in the future.

Highest regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:15 pm 
Lt General Hebert,
Neal,

I'll send a note to General Ringbloom and ask about the flag. :)

Sadly, your statement about Corcoran's Legion is true. :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:22 pm 
Find me a group of Yankees that arent in disarray in the Club! :mrgreen:

I've seen Girl Scout Troops with more spirit and spunk.

(I wonder if that will start anything? Probably not.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]