American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:47 pm 
Officers and Commanders of the Army of Alabama,

Changes are on the way for our club and our army. This note is to help make those changes plain and simple.

The ACWGC is an ACTIVE COMMUNITY of war gamers.

If you are NOT ACTIVE (playing games) we ask you why? Please contact us if you need help finding a match.

Being a part of the COMMUNITY means regularly visiting or posting on any of the club forums.

As officers you muster, i.e. show your engagement to the community, merely by visiting a forum once a month.

Commanders (DC or CC) are required to post on the forums with some regularity, but officers of brigades are not.

If you visit any club forums during the past month:

> You may receive Conduct Points and Admin Points (where applicable)
> You may receive Recommendation for Medals (where applicable)
> You may receive Recommendations for Promotion (required above Colonel)

On the negative side, if you do not continue to visit the forums you will not qualify for the perks listed above.

In other news:

The Army of Alabama will be reorganized based on a survey of existing division commanders and corps commanders. It is very likely your brigade assignment will change.

There will be an Army of Alabama tournament in the near future.

Ideas of things you could post about on the Army of Alabama Forum if you were so inclined:

> A battle report / Union officer profile / victory celebration
> A great scenario you have found / A strategy for it
> A bit of interesting civil war history
> A new member welcome / A celebration of a medal
> Invitations to do battle / Help with rules, tactics, strategy

Looking forward to gaming fun, meeting new friends, and future success!

<salute!>

Last edited by Mr. Lane on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:11 pm 
A forum post can also be as simple as replying to someone else's post.

A short phrase "Good show!" or "I agree!" is all you need.

<salute!>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:20 pm 
Colonel Lane,
Mark,

Looking forward to seeing more of the Army of Alabama boys in here drinking in Pinkham's Watering Hole. Have you gotten in a new shipment of fried okra yet? We darn near ran out this weekend while Bama was beating up on them poor boys from Louisianna. 38-17. Ouch! Thank goodness we had extra onion rings.

I'm heading over to my bookie to check the odds on the Nebraska - Michigan State game. General Simms was offering me 4 to 1 odds on Michigan State. The Cornhuskers are getting by on a wing and a prayer this year. They should have lost the last two games but somehow managed to squeak by... but their luck runs out this week I'm afraid. Sorry to hear about your Bears... :cry:

Well... I better be running on to the next Tavern. Been trying to get a few free drinks before I head back to my field desk and tackle all that paperwork.

Looking forward to the upcoming tournament!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:52 pm 
Aye cap'n. Fire up that grill!

Not hard to be proud of the Crimson Tide. They've had a few good players come through: Joe Namath to name one.

But they were good before Nick Saban came along. Under Bear Bryant Alabama was 232-46-9 with 6 national titles.

AJ McCarron has 49 touchdowns and 6 interceptions this season and last. Not being considered for the Heisman?!?

<salute!>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:55 pm 
Colonel Lane,
Mark,

That is an awful lot of touchdowns, Sir! You'd think McCarron would be in the discussion. :?:

Looks like Bama is going to roll over helpless Mississippi State today. The Huskers are scheduled to get crushed by Michigan State. I see Tim Miller's (ANV) Clemson Tigers rolled over Georgia Tech. And Pat Thompson's (AoS-USA) UCLA team beat Washington. But the real shocker is that Iowa State is 10 to 10 against Oklahoma at the half! What's up with that? :shock:

The Huskers play in an hour and half... I'm on call today but generally the phone is pretty slow during the game. Not sure if I will watch or not... they seem to play better when I don't! Scary!

Alright... get that grill fired up! I'll have a couple big old brats... a side of onion rings and fried okra... and a tall glass of Southern ice tea with enough sugar in it that I could stand up a spoon in it! <salute>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]