American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:24 am 

Congratulations, Al! <salute>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:17 am 
Congratulations Lt. Gen. Hovey Suh!

For the benefit of those who are not familiar with the Ewell medal:

The Ewell medal is awarded by the Commander of the Armies to Officers who serve on the Command Staff of the CSA, presented at the end of each year of service. The medal carries 10 OBD points.

For those who care about the history of the civil war, here is a description of Brigadier General Richard S. Ewell: (nickname 'Old Bald Head')

Rather short at 5 feet 8 inches, he had just a fringe of brown hair on an otherwise bald, bomb-shaped head. Bright, bulging eyes protruded above a prominent nose, creating an effect which many likened to a bird—an eagle, some said, or a woodcock—especially when he let his head droop toward one shoulder, as he often did, and uttered strange speeches in his shrill, twittering lisp. He had a habit of muttering odd remarks in the middle of normal conversation, such as "Now why do you suppose President Davis made me a major general anyway?" He could be spectacularly, blisteringly profane. He was so nervous and fidgety he could not sleep in a normal position, and spent nights curled around a camp stool. He had convinced himself that he had some mysterious internal "disease," and so subsisted almost entirely on frumenty, a dish of hulled wheat boiled in milk and sweetened with sugar. A "compound of anomalies" was how one friend summed him up. He was the reigning eccentric of the Army of Northern Virginia, and his men, who knew at first hand his bravery and generosity of spirit, loved him all the more for it.

<salute!>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:49 am 

General Hulinsky, Suh <Salute>;

I am honored by your generosity in presenting me the Ewell award. We all serve for the greater glory of our Home Land and do what we can to continue her rise. I am proud to stand in the shadow of so many others who have done so much more than I.

Now, gentlemen, let us all step up to the bar and enjoy the libation of your choice. Claude, keep the refreshments flowing freely and use the this time use the clean glasses.

With Highest Regards;

Commanding

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:18 pm 

Congratulations Suh!
Very well deserved!
<salute>

Lieutenant General Tom Phillips
7th Cavalry Brigade/The Brus
Armstrong's Cavalry Division
Hardee's Corps (1st Corps)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:22 pm 

Congratulations suh!

<salute>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:43 pm 
Clean glasses? Now where's the fun in that!

Congratulations on your appointment as the I Corps Commander, Al! <salute>

Colonel Lane... thank you for the history on Brig. General Richard S. Ewell. I didn't know all those interesting details. Anyone care to join me in a bowl of frumenty? NO? NO? NO? It's really good I tell you... :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]