American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:57 am 

Gents we have appointments to command in the AoT, General Promotions, Junior officer promotions, Brig Gen Meadows being appointed as the Deputy Commandant of the VMI. So the bar is now open for the next five days and General Miller (ANV) has put $1000 in on the tab (he may not be aware of the fact). So Gents let get this party started and then later in the evening we can go and trash the Dump of Trees Tavern. Now all I need is a large craft beer and my primary weapon - my banjo. :mrgreen: Where in the hell is my drinking buddy and part time manager Colonel Jason "Cannon Fodder" Campbell ?

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

Last edited by cameronm on Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inability to spellll

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:02 am 

*walks in holding a fine looking banjo, shell jacket without sleeves, and a slouch hat with an elaborate peacock feather in it*
Hi ya, fellers! Gentlemen! <Salute>
Sorry I'm a tad late. I was tuning my banjo. Could have roped a heffer with the slack in that E string!
My my my...what a line up tonight! The Ned Simms Quartet???? Shoot dang, son, I haven't sent them since the spring of '59 in Mobile! That guy is a literal wizard on the accordion!!!!! What a night that was! Didn't try to crowd surf that night. I was afraid someone would drop me in the mosh pit!!!!
I won't believe Miller will be here till I see him for myself. :?
Thanks for allowing me to accompany you and the Boozy Mountain Boys on your new hit single, "Belles, Belles, Belles". We do that in drop D, don't we????
Remember, gents, the Dump Of Trees has those new non flammable bean bag chairs and old man Mullins was a little ticked off after we ripped them open outside and his chickens ate all the insides of the chairs. He had pop corn chicken for a week!!!!!
Don't forget, folks! There will be Boozy Mountain Boys merchandise available including, autographed
bodices for your lady friends, a new shipment of soybean banjo picks that just came in, and Cam's own personal brand of chewing 'tabacca...Grey Man.
My...the candles and torches give off such a blinding light from the disco ball, don't they?

2nd Corp

AoT
"Let's fill up our canteens, boys. Some of us will be in hell before nightfall and we'll need the water"

Last edited by warhorse123 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:07 pm 

The disco ball was Brig Gen Meadows idea and boy does it give the Tavern that upmarket feel. Now I have to quickly go out back to sign some ladies bodices, whilst they are still wearing them.

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:35 pm 

Take one for the team, General McOmish! You'll probably be signing bodice-less extremities before the night is over. :mrgreen:

2nd Corp

AoT
"Let's fill up our canteens, boys. Some of us will be in hell before nightfall and we'll need the water"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]