American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Natchez Trace Tavern?!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:52 pm 

The Vicksburg Arms? Who in the world tore down the fine Natchez Trace Tavern and built this new place? Are those doilies on the bar? You let Cameron get control of things and this is what happens. I can't even find a spittoon in this place.

For those of you still kicking from the Army of the Mississippi, the finest army in the Club's glorious past, how the hell are you?! Looking through my old files I found a few relics to pass around -

Or if you prefer a later version...

477 must still stand as the Club record for the most games played by any army in a single calendar year.

To you Army of Alabama fellas I will happily be buying you drinks as well. To the old Army of the Mississippi officers have a full keg on me. I done married a wealthy woman and my allowance is more than enough to cover the damages we can do to this place tonight!

For those who have only known the Army of Tennessee... you missed some dang good fights. But step up and drink and we will telegraph Ernie Sands in Washington that the South's rising again and them Yanks better send a whole lot more men next time to try and stop us!

Although Neal may be absent at the moment I am glad to see Nicodemus still guarding the joint!

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:44 am 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
Gentlemen, Sirs! <salute>

Lieutenant Strickler, those were some days with the Gator Alley to follow! If I am not mistaken there are some Rebel Officers listed who are now fighting for the Boys in Blue and plenty of those listed who are no longer with us.

I was assigned to the Army of Alabama out of OCS and enjoyed my time there with many a distinguished CSA Officers raising to command the 3rd Cavalry Division of the III Corps for a short period of time before my appointment as Commandant of VMI. The good olde days when there were 4 Rebel armies to fight for the cause!

Since you are buying, barkeep, please set me up with a couple of your fine mint julep drinks!

Respectfully,

Your Obedient Servant,

General Nick Kunz
Commandant,
Vicksburg Military Institute

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:45 pm 

I was an Army Georgia boy/officer, until sent west to the Army of Alabama - roll tide. The Army of Alabama completed 447 battles in a year easy, hell General John Dragan (AoA) did more than that by himself. Most of the AoA boys were drunk 24/7, so our win/loss record was not that flash

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

Last edited by cameronm on Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drinking a posting - don't do it

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:41 pm 

cameronm wrote:
I was an Army Georgia boy/officer, until sent west to the Army of Alabama - roll tide. The Army of Alabama completed 447 battles in a year easy, hell General John Dragan (AoA) did more than that by himself. Most of the AoA boys we drunk 24/7, so our win/loss record was not that flash

Y'all couldn't even count to 477 in Alabama, sir. The drinking part you done got right. Maybe it just seemed like 477 since you fell down so much :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:41 am 

Never been a big fan of counting, mathematics never lead to anything good

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:34 pm 

"Natchez Trace Tavern"? Close, but no cigar. Everybody knows the best watering hole this side of the Alleghenies was the old "Chickasaw Bayou Tavern" of the Army of the Mississippi. I had my favorite table over in the corner, and who could forget that lovely waitress, Lulu? (Well, okay, I will admit she usually didn't START the evening looking lovely, but by the time the night was over - and we had had more than a few drinks - she was the purtiest thing in brogans!)

Oh, well. As long as they salvaged the barstools from the old place, I reckon it'll do. And I do think I recognize that big ol' mirror behind the bar as coming from the Natchez Trace Tavern.

If anybody comes looking for me, I'll be at that old familiar looking table in the corner . . .

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]