American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:22 pm 

Army of Tennessee Christmas Party

Officers and Gentlemen welcome to the Confederate Army of Tennessee Command Christmas Party.

Dress Standards:

Men: Serving Officers, full mess dress, medals and swords. Civilians, suitable evening attire, medals if awarded. No guns in the ballroom.

Ladies: Ball gowns, with hem lengths no more that 1 inch above the ankle. Off the shoulder is permitted.

Parking: Valet buggy parking for Colonels and above only, all other officers to park in the adjoining field

Order of proceedings:

1730 to 1825 hours: General and Mrs McOmish will greet and welcome all guests at the Ballroom Entrance. Whiskey and sweet wine to be served.

1830 hours – The Army of Tennessee Band will play Dixie, all Officers and Gentlemen will stand, officers to salute.

1835 to 2030 hours – Dancing, music provided by the Army of Tennessee Band, conducted by Major Big Bob Bigglesworth.

2030 to 2130 hours - Supper, provided by the Vicksburg Ladies Flower Arrangement Society. Cigars to be smoked in the adjoining library only.

2135 – 2230 hours – Dancing, music provided by the Army of Tennessee Band, conducted by Major Big Bob Bigglesworth.

2235 – 2359 hours – A special guest appearance by Cam McOmish and the Boozy Mountain Boys, Cam will be playing plenty of power riffs on his electric banjo. Jason Campbell will also make a guest appearance on the double double base.

0001 hours – Piping of the Haggis. The Pipes and Drums of the City of Vicksburg will pipe in the haggis to the tune of “A man is a man for all that”. The Haggis will then be promptly and humanely dispatched and eaten by those present.

0010 – 0100 hrs a light supper provided by Mrs Miggins Pie Shop.

0100 until sunrise – dancing and general out of control behaviour.

Remember it is only a hangover when you wake up, so don’t go to sleep

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

Last edited by cameronm on Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cant spelll

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:08 am 

Might have to excuse myself at the 1:00 hour. :mrgreen:

2nd Corp

AoT
"Let's fill up our canteens, boys. Some of us will be in hell before nightfall and we'll need the water"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:19 am 

I am so delighted that you and the Boozy Mountain Boys will be playing!! I have missed your performances and I am very interested in seeing Fld. Lt. Campbell on the double double base!! 8)

The Vicksburg Ladies Flower Arrangement Society always puts on such a good supper and Mrs Miggins Pie Shop truly is the best!! Can't wait to have some of those fine smokes in the library. I truly hope that Major Big Bob Bigglesworth will play one of my favorites "Slap the Company Sergeant!"

Piping of the Haggis is so much fun as well!!

I'll probably have the valet park my three wheeled wagon down in the river, not too far from the spot I usually wake up in, face down on Tuesday morning..... :mrgreen: :shock: 8)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:23 pm 

All right General, I danced with that bear, now where's that camp follower you want me wrestle? I mean to say! These 4D drinking glasses you boys are handing out work wonders! Don't know when I've seen the old girl looking more pert. Well, here's to Admiral Puff for the 10th time this evening!

Who'll give me some fight'n room?

1/3/III ANV

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:42 pm 

General Swan! Excellent to have a old Army of Georgia comrade attend our party. Welcome Suh and we shall give you as much fighting room as you need. Barkeep line them up and keep em coming :mrgreen:

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:00 am 

Good Evening Gents!

Glad to have received this invite and to be attending my first Christmas Party. My horses are happy for the furlough as we have been endeavoring all across the land battling our Northern foes.

As for music requests, could I hear, “Madam Horseface” and “Cavalry Trot Shuffle.” ? Much obliged!

I brought cards if anyone feels the inclination for poker or spades during our smoke session in the library.

Now pour me a double whisky, where are those ladies at?

CSA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:03 am 

Been awhile since I gave the old doghouse bass a good slap down. Can't wait to see the good boys in blue get down to Cam and The Boozy Mountain Boys new album, Stove Pipe Hat Tyrant! :lol:
We will also be taking requests from the crowd! Tip jars are being placed at the front of the stage... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2nd Corp

AoT
"Let's fill up our canteens, boys. Some of us will be in hell before nightfall and we'll need the water"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:19 am 

Mr. Campbell,

Other than my previous requests, do you know the tunes “Daisy If You Do” and “Shes Prettier With Moonshine” by the Huckleberry Four? If so, a drink on me sir! I haven’t been able to get that last songs riff out of my head, been humming it for weeks!

CSA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:14 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
General McOmish, Sir!<salute>

Cam, very nice party that you have going and I see that the example you have set has been adopted by some of your newer Junior Officers!

Let us hope that these fine Southern Officers will fight as well as they party, those from up North are in for quite a surprise!

Barkeep I believe I will have another one of those fine Mint Juleps that you serve!

Gentlemen, a toast to the Army of Tennessee and it's fearless Commander, General Cam McOmish for another year of Victory for the Southern Cause!

Respectfully,

Your Obedient Servant,

General Nick Kunz
Commandant, VMI

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:17 pm 

All right General, I danced with that bear, now where's that camp follower you want me wrestle? I mean to say! These 4D drinking glasses you boys are handing out work wonders! Don't know when I've seen the old girl looking more pert. Well, here's to Admiral Puff for the 10th time this evening!

Who'll give me some fight'n room?

Why my goodness! General Swan! It is always an honor to see you! Especially at these grand gatheri'ns! :D Now I would help you to a chair, but I can't find mine, so I guess we'll keep drinki'n and give you fight'n room! 8)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:20 pm 

Can't wait to see the good boys in blue get down to Cam and The Boozy Mountain Boys new album, Stove Pipe Hat Tyrant!

Huzzah! A new album!! :mrgreen: 8) :D Be the #1 album in Richmond in no time! (As well as Apalachicola!)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:22 pm 

.....“Shes Prettier With Moonshine”....

Ain't she always!! :mrgreen: 8) Laissez les bons temps rouler!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:24 pm 

As for music requests, could I hear, “Madam Horseface”

Hot damn Field Lieutenant Jansen!! This is my absolute favorite!! :mrgreen: 8)

I also hope to hear "Swingin' Doors Always Slappin' Me to the Floor"!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:41 pm 

All these old tunes, hell me and the Boozy Mountain Boys will have to do a few covers an make some easy money

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:53 pm 

Ah gentlemen in grey!
Let me offer you a round of complimentary drinks of the season! I just finished my Lt. Cups match and it was a major victory for our good boys in grey!
Now, General McOmish. Move the capo up the neck on that five string and give us a moving rendition of "Nekkid in Richmond Again"!!!!!
Field Lieutenant Jansen...I will gladly play those tunes requested. Go ahead and cut yourself a slice of rug there, sir!
My, my, my! The ladies are sure lovely!
Speaking of Madam Horseface....wasn't that General Newell's call name before the war???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

2nd Corp

AoT

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next