American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:23 am 

Dispatch from Maj. General Tim Reneau to Army of Tennessee HQ

I am very pleased with the progress in our divisional MP match vs. Walt Dortch, Jim Boling, Victor Nelson, and Steve Tinling, being fought on the field of Chickamauga. Nicodemus has had a great time whipping up on the poor yanks, where in just 13 turns our forces have already achieved a Minor Victory and the prospects for ultimate success look bright indeed. Officers Jim Garner (Polk), David Peek (Hood - Buckner), Thomas Marshall (Walker - D.H. Hill), and I (Bragg/Forrest) make up the team. I submit the following chronicle of our match as penned by Brigadier General Thomas Marshall for your enjoyment:

"General Walker gazed at the column of Yankee prisoners shuffling their way down the Alexander's Bridge Road. They looked well beaten - some still shaking their heads in disbelief at the Confederate thunderbolt which had burst over their heads in the last three hours.
'How do you like my work, General?' A Mississippian shouted, jubilation in his voice, gesturing with his rifle at the defeated Yankees. 'I like your work mighty fine Sir!' boomed General Walker.

Six men bearing a litter with an officer in it edged down the road. 'Colonel Wilson, I pray you are not so badly hurt?'
'The doctors are hopeful, Sir. I caught a Yankee bullet in the side just as we reached their line, so I feel lucky at the moment. Will you make sure the folks back in Georgia know what my brigade did here Sir? They charged the Yankees again and again and never flinched'.

Walker nodded. 'That's the least I can do for them... and you, Colonel. You rest up now. Carry on, boys.' The litter party made their way to the rear.

General Bragg and his staff galloped up. 'What do you know, General Walker?'
'Well, we've taken between three and four thousand prisoners, from every regiment of Brannan's Division except one. We've captured Brannan and all three of his brigade commanders. Sadly, we captured no artillery, but you can have your pick of battle flags; Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, Ohio - they've all surrendered!'

General Bragg was about to reply, when firing broke out again to the south.

'General Walker, see to your command. I believe General Polk and General Hood are carrying the fight now... we have made a good start, but it is only a start.'

Walker saluted & rode away, as a Texan band swept into a rousing rendition of 'Dixie'. Meanwhile the solemn column of Union prisoners continued their weary way south. " Hopefully this report brings some holiday cheer!

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:02 pm 

General McOmish <salute>

Please convey this message to General Reneau:

Attachment:
Crow.JPG
Crow.JPG [ 33.59 KiB | Viewed 905 times ]

And remind him, he has received an invitation for a mirror match of this scenario.

UA Operations Officer
UA Wolverine Team Leader

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:03 pm 

I shall send him a dispatch forthwith :mrgreen:

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]