American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: AoT September Newsletter
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:21 am 

Gentlemen,

I'm glad to be reporting back for the September Edition of the Army of Tennessee Newsletter. I hope all of you are doing well, fighting hard, and driving the Yankees from the field of battle. The Border Madness and Forgotten Campaigns tournament have just begun, and I wish you all best of luck.

For some official business:

1.) Gen Robert Busey, commander of 3rd Corps, will be resigning from his position as corps commander to address personal matters. I would like to thank him for his service to our army and look forward to him returning to our ranks. If anyone is interested in assuming command of 3rd Corps, please reach out to me.

2.) We will be hosting our monthly happy hour on September 26 at 8:30 pm. The topic of discussion will be Civil War books/reading. I will email the zoom link the day before the happy hour. Thank you all who attended last happy hour, and I look forward to talking with y'all over a few drinks.

Recommended reading:

Civil War Topics:
Stonewall of the West: Patrick Cleburne and the Civil War: https://www.amazon.com/Stonewall-West-P ... 0700609342.
This is a thoroughly enjoyable biography of one of the Civil War's most famous generals. It offers an interesting analysis of his career.

Tactics and Strategy:
The Art of War, Sun Tzu.https://suntzusaid.com/
A classic and must read, the link has a free online version.

Recommended viewing:
With the 160th Anniversary of the Battle of Sharpsburg coming up this weekend, here is a refresher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYc-rH1 ... T&index=32

Best regards,

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:05 pm 

General Treuting <Salute>

Sir,

Thank you for the September Edition of the AoT newsletter.

I must join with you in thanking Gen. Busey for his service to the Army and wish him every success in addressing the matters which necessitate his absence from it. He shall indeed be missed and we very much look forward to his return to the Army in due course.

I shall, having missed our initial happy Hour due to my vacation travels, be delighted to join the coming one as scheduled. I regret my reading of the ACW is most likely way below the level of many of our fine brothers in arms and doubtless shall find it most enlightening.

Your obedient servant, Sir,

Army of Tennessee

Make my enemy brave and strong, so that if defeated, I will not be ashamed.

Profile Send private message  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]