American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: AoT December Newsletter
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:31 pm 

Army of Tennessee December Newsletter

Gentlemen,

I hope all is quiet across your home fronts as we advance through the holiday season. Keep an eye out for the WDS winter sale which should be starting any day now. Pick up some new titles and maybe get one for a friend who might be interested in trying out wargaming. Good luck with any finishing tournament games and remember to sign up for the Stonewall at Gettysburg tournament coming up.

Administration Work:

1.) Gen Tim Miller has stepped up to assume command of III Corps while LtCol Kirk Alton has taken command of III Corps II Division. I heartily thank each for their desire to help maintain our army leadership.

2.) We now have the commander of III Corps I Division vacant. I need one volunteer to step forward.

3.) Musters:

A: Corps Commanders, I ask that you send orders to your subordinates to begin the final muster of 2022.

B: Beginning in 2023, we will be converting the entire army’s muster system over to the one developed by the ACWGC. It is as simple as logging into your account and clicking the muster button once a month. I will be sending another email to my corps commanders on this topic soon, and more information will follow.

C. As stated in my introduction email, I will award a donation to the American Battlefield Trust for the Corps with the best muster record for 2022. With the upcoming muster being the last, now is the time to earn the title.

Happy Hour

This month’s happy hour will occur on Tuesday 27 December at 8:30 pm. The topic of discussion will be meeting engagements. Come one come all!

Recommended reading:
Co Aytch by Sam Watkins. This biography of a Confederate soldier serving in the Army of Tennessee is an iconic—if not slightly embellished—firsthand account of some the Civil War’s lesser-known battles. https://www.amazon.com/Co-Aytch-Confede ... 0743255410

Recommended viewing:
Shiloh: Fiery Trial. The documentary provides an overview of the Battle of Shiloh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PK7VCN ... T&index=70

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:32 pm 

Thanks for the information, I am having some issues finding the muster tab.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:20 pm 

Terry Scott wrote:
Thanks for the information, I am having some issues finding the muster tab.

Go to Reports in the DoR, in the bottom left-hand corner should be 'ACWGC Muster'. When you click on ACWGC Muster you can then write in your report, anything from a simple 'Present' or 'Reporting for Muster' to a more detailed report on your activities. When you then click on 'Submit Muster', the DoR will record that you have done your duty for that month and forward an email advice to your commander/s.

Easy to do once a month (and it makes it a little easier for commanders to manage musters).

First Corps
Army of Northern Virginia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:45 pm 

Yes thank you, I have done it now.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]