American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Clump
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:18 am 
Gen. Stiles,

My old friend. We AotM officers were happy to come visit your new home here in the ANV but I must say we find the Clump of Trees Tavern to be a wee bit on the... "natural" side. When one goes to the Hard Rock Cafe, for instance, one does not dine on a Hard Rock. Nor does one visit the Magnolia Tree Dining Room and expect to sit in a tree.

And yet... here we all are. General Davis stands yonder by that tall oak. General McOmish lays where he fell after his fourteenth drink over by the muddy ravine. General Hebert, after a few too many, is decorating that evergreen for Christmas. When last seen General Miller was still chasing the squirrel that stole his hat. Finally Hampus, poor Hampus, is still recovering from the attack of the hornets when he decided to go tree climbing. I admit the "tavern" has a playground-like atmosphere and perhaps that was your goal - if so, bravo!

Nonetheless, may I suggest building some walls and perhaps a dancefloor? A stage for some girlie shows would be a nice touch. I am sure a second story with a few private rooms would be most appreciated among the High Command.

Post subject: Re: The Clump
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:09 am 

Oh no! I was afraid this would happen after I left. Can't you Western Boys read maps?

Not this Clump of Trees Sir.....that Clump of Trees ...the magnolias outside the Richmond "Clump of Trees Tavern". You are in Yankeeland! Orderly get General McOmish on his horse.....
Best get Rover our HQ mascot to drive!

This Gentlemen is the REAL ANV Clump of Trees Tavern:

Please note the refined nature of the company. You Western Boys better have a bath first.

No General Miller you cannot shoot the clock! You might hit General Drott!

Anyway Boys welcome to the Clump of Trees Tavern and the ANV. We are mighty glad to see you & hope that you have brought a full supply of all necessary vittals!

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: The Clump
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:09 am 
Can we read maps?! We got to Richmond from Mississippi didnt we!

So you say its that Clump o' Trees over yonder? Nicodemus has gone to scout ahead this time. For you easterners Nicodemus is Gen. Hebert's leading Yankee killer and also happens to be an alligator.

You better hope we find the tavern this time Stewart or six of your best friends are going to be carrying you by the handles. And there is only four of us that I know and I am not lifting any more than I have to.