American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ANV Victory!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:13 pm 

Gentlemen!!! let me be the first to congratulate FLD LT Colwell on his first win against the northern oppressors! Fld Lt Colwell and I met Col. FitzMaurice and MG Alan Benjamin For the Battle of Kentucky (chic 089) in a 2v2 match. Crazy Colwell (probably being from Jacksons Corps) insisted on risky assualt on MG Benjamin's Forces, against my own advice (being from the obviously more sensible Longstreet's Corps). Colwell drove his forces against MG Benjamin in a most ferocious manner. As i stood with my forces and watched him charge repeatedly at the yankee General, i could only prepare for what most surely be his rapid and chaotic retreat back to my line of safety. The massive and vicious attack happened over and over, for 4 turns... then.... it was over... Fld Lt Colwell returned to my lines, not in a hasty retreat, but with over 20 new guns, a supply wagon and a train of captured yankees. As Fld Lt Colwell marched back to my lines, a currier arrived from the Yankees... if we would allow them the honor of accepting a minor defeat (colwell had secured a major) and the promise that Kentucky would now and forever belong to the confederacy, they would lay down arms and leave the field of battle. Well done Chris! You truly belong in the mighty 2nd Corps!! The match was a 40 turn match, and by turn 6 they had waved the white flag.... very impressive indeed.
The first round is on me, after that.... you are on your own. Gentlemen.... Toast to the newest Yankee thrasher!!!

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: ANV Victory!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:02 pm 

Thank you good Sir! I most assuredly can not take all the credit for what Lady Luck has felt so generous to provide me for on this day in battle! I raise my mug in salute to all those fallen brethren, my peers, and those I continue to learn from which. My hats off to the 2 fearless commanders of the Union forces for giving it such a valiant effort on the field. I look forward to meeting in the future!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:32 pm 

Removed due to Tavern being opened to Union Members.

First Corps
Army of Northern Virginia

Last edited by Quaama on Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:22 pm 

To be fair, that scen (although at their request) may not have been the best for a 2v2. And the MG's forces really didn't stand a chance unless they stayed put and didnt cross the river till later in the match..... Both of these Yankee officers have given me a beating, and the MG more than one! The MG was outnumbered by more than 2-1 and Fld Lt Colwell was an unknown, they both know i am much more defensive minded and probably wasn't expecting thousands of screaming rebels to charge his column.... It was a gamble and it paid off for us, but could have gone a very different direction if he could have held for another turn or two, and the northern columns didn't do a 180 and high tail it back to safe ground instead of piling in on the chaotic melee that was taking place..... all in all, hats off to both Yankee officers. Ya win some and ya lose some, and both officers lost with grace and respect that can be admired. A rematch on a different field of battle (Kentucky is ours!!) is being discussed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:47 pm 

Removed due to Tavern being opened to Union Members.

First Corps
Army of Northern Virginia

Last edited by Quaama on Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:30 pm 

Quaama wrote:
If they're keen for a rematch take them to the Shenandoah (see http://wargame.ch/board/acwgc/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=22417).

Hopefully you can give them another walloping but don't expect to do it in six turns :).

Sir, it shames to say, that after given their word of leaving Kentucky, the Yankee officers still persist in that state. Fld Lt Colwell and i have found the offending officers and are at this very moment discussing plans to dispel them once again from Kentucky (chic 099, escape from Kentucky). This time, warning was delivered... No quarter will be given. lol, after being so cocky, um... we could prolly use a bit of advice here...... ANV!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:37 am 

Well done Field Lieutenant Colwell - I like your style, suh :)

ACWGC President 2022 - 2024

Marshall's Brigade 'The St Andrews Greys', 2nd (Gator Alley) Division, Stewart's Corps, Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:15 pm 

Thomas Marshall wrote:

Thank You my good man! I aspire to eventually be as reputable as our good commander, General Stonewall Jackson!

"The business of a soldier is to fight. Armies are not called out to dig trenches, to throw up breastworks, and live in camps, but to find the enemy, and strike him; to invade his country, and do him all possible damage in the shortest possible time…" General Stonewall Jackson

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:15 pm 

Thomas Marshall wrote:

Thank You my good man! I aspire to eventually be as reputable as our good commander, General Stonewall Jackson!

"The business of a soldier is to fight. Armies are not called out to dig trenches, to throw up breastworks, and live in camps, but to find the enemy, and strike him; to invade his country, and do him all possible damage in the shortest possible time…" General Stonewall Jackson