American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 6:00 pm 

Serious question --- maybe more of a map design philosophy type one: - it wasn't touched on above, but what are your thoughts on water that is at higher elevations that all of the surrounding terrain?

To me it just makes for a strange treatment of a water table (or maybe missing something.) - I noticed a couple of places on the Murfreesboro that fit this description. I mean maybe I can see a stream or creek go up and then downhill, but it might be missing something representing a ravine (like embankments on either side of a hexside (movement impediment -not sure if it presents a fire modifier - probably does, but that impact surely can be changed around in a PDT file (it did in Musket and Pike series - because I used them in that fashion on a map I had edited for that).... so that's one thing, but I don't know that something like a pond should be at level 3 when one of the hexes adjacent to it is at level 2.

The above question -while in response to Blake, is open to anyone that has an opinion on the above.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 11:48 pm 

Want to dive back in here for a sec, because I am maybe convinced I found another one - in the newest title - I am pretty sure on the Westport maps that the Little Blue River is shown as a full water hex width, (this is well east of there - east of Independence as it happens), and I have crossed where I think they have a ford many many times. I don't get the impression that more modern Corps of Engineers activities have impacted the banks - nor within the Missouri River that isn't that far to the north (maybe what, 5 miles or something -- going on what I remember not the map) ... to be honest -it feels like a creek is probably more appropriate - it definitely is nowhere near 100 yards wide - more like 25-30 feet max.

Point being - ought to maybe have a place to collect things like this, and they can be addressed and sent over to WDS (means I'd fix them and send them over to them) -because I am very interested in remaining onside with them.

Profile Send private message