American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New game anytime soon?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:50 am 
I seem to recall that by this time the last few years we've had new games on the table to play with, but so far in 2006 we have seen nothing... [:(]

So should I hold on to a little funny money for a new CW Campaign anytime soon or can I go ahead and blow it on a round of golf? [8D]

Regards,

Brig. Gen. Alan Lynn
2nd Div, II Corps, AoA

God Bless <><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:27 am 
Your ability with either game is lengendary, so money spent on either game is not money well spent. [:D]

BG D. Groce
1st Division
AoP
"Quickly advancing to the rear"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:31 am 

I've been wondering this myself - Shiloh was launched over a year ago at TillerCon, so it's been quite the dry spell, to be sure!

I'll admit, I've had high hopes for some (even one) new Campaigns for the Civil War era!

I'm sure the answer will be as always, that HPS doesn't discuss this stuff, but it's fun to speculate anyway![:D]

Come on, Bull Run![8D]

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:13 am 

A new disk based on the Shenandoah could prove to be a triumph of popularity . . . Jackson's 1862 Campaign; Sheridan and Early in 1864.

Col Dwight McBride
1st Brigade ("The Regulars")
2nd Division/V Corps/AOP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:58 am 

Well they generally make new releases on the first Friday of the month so tomorrow would be the day if there is anything for this month.

General Mark Nelms
6/3/IX/AoO
"Blackhawk Brigade"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:07 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DwightMcBride</i>
<br />A new disk based on the Shenandoah could prove to be a triumph of popularity . . . Jackson's 1862 Campaign; Sheridan and Early in 1864.

Col Dwight McBride
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Col. McBride,

I have only read a couple of books on Jackson's Valley Campaign (and neither of those very recently) so I may be a bit rusty in this matter, but it seems to me Jackson's boldness, combined with the timidity of his opponents, is the only thing that saved him and his army from annihilation. In other words, he was extremely lucky (yes, this from a Reb.)

Personally, I'd prefer to see a campaign where the two armies were more evenly-matched: the Bragg/Rosecrans campaigns of 1862-63.

Of course, maybe the reason for the long delay is they're working on engine enhancements [^] !

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Ensign, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:12 pm 

General Mallory:

You are right in that Jackson's opponents were weak . . . However, I wouldn't begrudge Jackson or any commander for utilizing luck, because luck has always been present in history's best commanders. Additionally, Jackson's talent saw to it that better numbers were brought to bear in the Valley, although a decent opponent would have counteracted that. Theoretically, purchasers of any disk based on those battles would be the "decent opponent" needed.

Col Dwight McBride
1st Brigade ("The Regulars")
2nd Division/V Corps/AOP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:20 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by David Groce</i>
<br />Your ability with either game is lengendary, so money spent on either game is not money well spent. [:D]

BG D. Groce
1st Division
AoP

Hey!! I resemble that remark! [:D]

I need a new battle for Gen. Laub to beat me at. [;)] Of course, he always has the advantage of heavy odds in his favor numbers wise, so perhaps I owe him a game where I outnumber him for once... Come on HPS Campaign Winchester or Richmond (Kentucky)! Woo hoo! lol [:p] (I can only think of a handfull of battles where we would outnumber the Yanks...)

Regards,

Brig. Gen. Alan Lynn
2nd Div, II Corps, AoA

God Bless <><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:38 am 

General Lynn,

Rest assured, you've got me on the golf course! I can hit it a fair ways, I just can't hit the fairways![:D] If I could play more than 4 or 5 times a year, I could get back to being decent.

Whatever the next game is, you come a knockin when you want to square off![}:)]

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:25 am 
I think you have already thrashed me once, as has everyother reb, but I would be willing to pick up the gauntlet you have thrown down at a little town named Gettysburg if you have the time.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by laubster22</i>
<br />General Lynn,

Rest assured, you've got me on the golf course! I can hit it a fair ways, I just can't hit the fairways![:D] If I could play more than 4 or 5 times a year, I could get back to being decent.

Whatever the next game is, you come a knockin when you want to square off![}:)]

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member

BG D. Groce
1st Division
AoP