American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:38 am 

Dear Club Members,

I have noticed "Paypal Donate" and I what to do my part and contribute. I realize that presently I'm getting alot for nothing.

It's easy to understand that a lot of what we (I) take for granted requires alot of time and perhaps personel money donated by probably just a few. (God, I hope I'm not the only one who hasn't made a contribution.....)

Anyways, I was just wondering what all is involved with keeping the club running? Besides money, how can members help? Can the club be improved? How? What will it take?

Lt.Col. R.E.Daley
1st Corps of the ANV
3rd Calvary Divsion,
3rd Brigade
"We are the Midnight Riders"

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:58 am 

Donating using the PayPal link sends your money to Alex, who owns the Wargame.ch site, and hosts the forums. I'm sure any amount you send will be appreciated.

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA
Signal Corps - Editor in Chief

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:56 pm 
You are right Sir,and I know you aren´t the last one, I am the last one [:D], hope every member could help to keep this wonderful site running.

Regards

<font color="yellow"><hr noshade size="1"></font id="yellow">
[img=right]http://www.wargame.ch/wc/acw/CSAanimatedflag_.gif[/img=right]
[img=left]http://homepage.myeastern.com/~mzapp/AoGPage/graphics/CavGen.gif[/img=left]

<center><font color="yellow"><h4>Ricardo "Rattlesnake" Bonachía
I Corps AoG Commanding Officer, CSA</h4></font id="yellow"></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:40 am 

Col. Daley,

You asked how individual members can help run the club in other than financial ways. The biggest need is always for officers willing to assume higher command positions.

As you know, new recruits are assigned brigade command. Beyond that, however, are many mid-level positions. Division commanders have the responsibility of maintaining contact with all the brigade commanders, especially new recruits, to make sure they are enjoying the club all they can. For some brigade commanders, this means playing maneuvers with them to help them develop their skills. For others, it simply means taking roll call ('muster') to make sure they're still around.

Sometimes a brigade commander will have a question about tactics, about a particular game or scenario, or about club protocol. The division commanders aren't expected to know all these answers, they're just expected to be the first point of contact for brigade commanders. If a question comes up the division commander can't answer (and that is to be expected), the division commander simply passes the question up the chain of command.

All the position requires is a desire to keep in contact with the officers assigned to the division, via whatever method works out best. Of all the positions I've held in the club, division command was my favorite.

Above the division level, their are corps, army, and theater commands available. These generally require maintenance of a web site, but even this duty can be delegated. (If you enjoy web site design & maintenance, there are those in higher levels of authority who would appreciate the services of a reliable Chief of Staff!)

If you're interested in helping the club in one of these ways just let your division commander know and he'll pass your name up the line. There may not be any openings currently, but normal turn-around creates openings all the time.

Thanks for asking.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army