American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Looking fo Me?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:56 am 

Hi to All waiting for a reply from Me regarding Games or AoG matters.

My Home Computer, which holds all my ACW games, is working well . . except for Web and E-Mail. It's a weird situation which I have battled with (figuratively speaking), for many, many months now.

I receive - from what I can gather . . . all e-mails sent to Me. I cannot reply to virtually all of them. Nor can I send out a "fresh" Mail regarding one I just received.

My sister is dating a Comp Techie whizz - kid and he's been concentrating on this prob for the past 2 months or so.

Basically . . . It appears as if something got into a very necessary, basic background file, about a year ago and started corrupting this (and possibly other) file(s). The corruption maintained low cover and caused very little bother, until one day, roughly last October, I started getting into difficulty when I tried to use the I-net connection.

As I say . . everything works, until I try use it in conjunction with the I-net. Things just DON'T work then.

Those of You awaiting turns . . . You have my deepest Respect and Gratitude for Your patience. It's greatly appreciated. [8D]

However, it has gone past the ridiculous at this stage . . so, should You wish to file an End-Game Report . . . . please do so at Maj-Vic level (for Yourselves - of Course!) [:o)]

My "Techie" friend has cleared u a lot of the Rubbish in my sys-op files etc. But every time He reckons He's fixed it . . . his latest effort is not "The Cure." It could happen tomorrow, next week or next month.

We are reaching the stage where, I may convert from Win2000 to WinXP as a desperate measure to get a comp that does what I expect it to do.

I have limited access to this board and to some e-mail, by borrowing my Bro' in Law's Notebook Comp. However, I can't prevail upon him to borrow it in order to play turns or maintain a healthy Turnaround time in outstanding Games. As it is - I can just about keep up with my duyies on the Cabinet.

Hopefully, sooner rather than later - I'll be able to return to a more active role in the Club.

Thanks Chaps. [:D]

Pat.

Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Lieutenant General.
Carroll's Corps,(II)
"Spartan Southrons"
Army of Georgia.
C.S.A.Cabinet Secretary

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:31 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Hopefully, sooner rather than later - I'll be able to return to a more active role in the Club.

Thanks Chaps.

Pat.

Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Lieutenant General.
Carroll's Corps,(II)
"Spartan Southrons"
Army of Georgia.
C.S.A.Cabinet Secretary

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

And help us all when you do![:D]

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army