American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:38 pm 

Battle of Corinth 1862

At the end of a dark and foreboding day on October 3rd 1862 at 6:00 PM (turn 26 of 98). The Union being very battered and fatigued had a small hope of turning the battle back to at least a draw. But this outcome was questionable. So when an offer was presented by the Rebel General to pull back and stop the battle with a Minor Victory for the South the Union General, looking at his tattered men, and feeling compassion for there plight, with a heavy heart could only comply by excepting the offer to let his troops leave the area and give the CSA a victory at Corinth.

General Willie Passmore
2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, 5th Corps, AoP

Willie Passmore

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:41 pm 

Lt. Col. Slepetz,

Nothing is lost, Sir. Seven large battles are raging now and I think that the South is leading at Malvern Hill.
Beaver Dam, Musfreesboro, Seven Pines, Antietam, 2nd Bull Run, Gettysburg, many big points there. If we can win four or five of these battles, we can take the lead or, at least, close the gap.

We will fight to the last man if we have to, surrender is not an option.

Salute,

Lt. Col. Harold Lajoie 3/2/I/AoM, CSA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:20 pm 
<Salute>

Sir! a late rider in from the Battle of Cane Hill - 'said something about flying reindeer spooked his horse and it took him a week to walk in with the dispatch - darn new recruits must have found the Xmas whiskey'

The union troops commanded by BG N. Edwards were succcesful in forcing the pass however, several reb regiments of cav were able to escape - several supply wagons were captured...Ah - now that explains the flying deer - umm sorry sir!!

The battle of Cane Hill was a union minor victory - and last seen was the rebel horde fleeing south and - get this sir - being chased by flying deer - go figure.. Congrats to my opponent this was a tough battle for the reb - but he held me off just long enough.

BG N.Edwards
2/3/XX/AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:06 am 

2006 may be good for the South !

Major Victory for CS Col. Gilbert Collins at Fort Donelson (day 1) against US Col. George Kasnic. 20 points for the Confederacy, but we need more and more victories.

The score:

<font color="red">CSA: 429</font id="red">
<font color="limegreen">USA: 767</font id="limegreen">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:27 pm 
Dateline: Vicksburg

The Union has been punished in this one. The Union Commander has declined several offers to surrender his sword, so the killing continues. It would appear that the Union factories have plenty of steel as we have destroyed countless artilley guns and yet the Yanks continue to fight.

They waited until darkness began to set in to make their final assualt. They have attacked all along the line and have breeched the outer defenses in two areas directly East of the City. We continue to hold them there. With 3 turns left this one is gonna be a slugfest till the end.

We shall hold SUH!!

YOS,

Colonel D.H. Smith
3rd Cavalry Divison,III Corps,AoA
http://sapper99.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:59 pm 

Perryville, Kentucky,

The night had come and the fighting finally stopped. The last assault on the town of Perryville was launched by the Yankees at the beginning of the night and once again, the valiant soldiers of the Confederacy repulsed them.

It was a carnage, another Fredericksburg in a smaller scale, 9900 union men are dead, wounded, prisoners or missing in action. The Confederate lost 5300 brave men. The Federals lost 9 guns and the Rebels only 2 pieces of artillery but the ammo supply is extremely low.

Many good officers felt down: US Brig. Gen. Charles Cruft, US Col. William H. Lytle and US Col. Daniel McCook were killed in action.
The Confederates lost CSA Col. Samuel Powell, KIA. CSA Brig. Gen. Daniel S. Donelson, CSA Brig. Gen. George E. Maney and CSA Col. Joseph Wheeler were severely injured.

The Army of the Mississippi is totally exhausted, so General Braxton Bragg will probably reorganize his troops behind the Chaplin River. The Union Army suffered too many losses to be effective and no enemy operation is expected before at least a week.

Both armies fought magnificently and we must salute our enemies who courageously attacked us again and again to finally capture Chatham's Hill and Bottom's Hill. But their advance was finally stopped at the suburbs of Perryville. The cost to take those hills was too much. The Confederacy achieved a Major Victory. (44 points for the tournament).

Finally, I want to thank my opponent, US Major General Peter Keller, who fought a very aggressive and exciting battle.

With this CSA victory, the updated 1st HACW score is:

<font color="red">CSA: 473</font id="red">
<font color="limegreen">USA: 767</font id="limegreen">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:05 pm 

The Battle of Chickamauga is now open at the 1st HACW-Registration topic in the Opponent Finder section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:13 am 
Col Lajoie,

The Union made a late run and fought gallantly to bring the Battle for Vicksburg back to a draw! Though it was a costly effort for them they did well. Our boys still hold the city.!

Colonel D.H. Smith
3rd Cavalry Divison,III Corps,AoA
http://sapper99.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:10 am 

Hi im Playing HACW Gettysburg and im getting frustrated withe the Game... we play HPS Gettysburg but my oponent insisited on Phased play wuth Auto fire can any one tell me how to fight under those rules... we are in the end of the First day but... my opponent is using Cav to raid my rear areas and block my incoming units and under those rules i can't do anything to stop it becous i cant melee cavalery with infantry and in Phased play i can change formations only before i move so i can't even shoot those Cavalery Boys and the CSA have no cav on the first day... when i attack i got shoot up to pices... some time my units are fired upon in defensive fire when they are not moveing[:(][:(][:(] so how to attack with those rules on[?][?] is it possible to win as CSA with those rules[?] this is 3rd time i play Gettysburg Battle two first games were played in a with normal turn rules without phase play... one game ended in CSA victory and the other is a hard fight with no winner in sight[:D] so any tips would be welcome[:D]

Fld. Lt. Przemek Niedzielski
2nd Brigade
1st Division
2nd Corps
Army of the Missisipi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:16 pm 

Fld. Lt. Przemek Niedzielski,

All the scenarios for the tournament are played with all optional rules on (unless mutual agreement). This means PHASES turns with auto-defensive fire.

There are two systems of play and you can notice that there are VERY different. When I read your message, it makes me remember the first game I played with all-in-one (no phases) turn. My men accidently fired on their camarades, I was blizkrieg by enemy cavalry, it was a disaster.

I'm playing a campaign with this system and I'm gradually getting use to it but I'm more comfortable with phases turns. Each player has his preference.

Concerning your problems with federal cavalry, well, lots of damage has been done. I don't know if your situation is desperate, you are the judge. I'm not on the field ,I can only give you some general advise. You can't charge them but you can fire at them. You can't catch them but you can make them stay far away from your infantry IN LINE. Always keep some troops to guard your rear. Cavalry can't afford too much losses, they are costly in victory points. But they can raid your rear, your supply and hit some isolated units. Protect your artillery from sneak attacks from behind. Damn, it's the Rebels who usually use those cavalry tactics ! Where is Stuart ? (I know, he arrives at the end of the second day).

The auto-defensive fire is simple: 1- you move, 2- they fire at all they saw (moving or not), 3- you fire back. 4- Finally you can melee.

You are facing an experienced Brigadier General, probably very familiar with the multi-phases turns. You are learning this system the hard-way and all I can really do is to wish you the best of luck for the second day.

Sir, you MUST redress the situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:34 pm 

I announce with great pleasure that CSA Colonel D.H. Smith have received the 1st HACW Medal of Merit for his remarkable conduct on the battlefield.

Congratulations Dan !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:50 pm 

Thanks for the Advice Harold heh maybe the tide will turn on the secound Day[:D]

Fld. Lt. Przemek Niedzielski
2nd Brigade
1st Division
2nd Corps
Army of the Missisipi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:45 am 
Lt.Col Lajoie,

Sir, I must report that Confederate Valour has not met with success at Seven Pines.
After an initial surge forward by the CSA which overwhelmed the Union centre carrying several batteries, Union reinforcements arrived to stem the flow. In the stalemate situation which ensued, Union cannon gained the upper hand, pounding the Confederate positions such that the CSA commander felt obliged to offer his sword.
History records a Major Union Victory.

God save the Union!

Lt.Col. Gavin
3/2/XVIII "Leinster Legion"
AoJ
U.S.A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:35 pm 

With the Union Major Victory at Seven Pines, the score for the 1st HACW is:

<font color="red">CSA 493</font id="red">
<font color="limegreen">USA 883</font id="limegreen">

The scenario for the assault on Plymouth is now open at the 1st HACW-Registration topic in the Opponent Finder section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:38 pm 

For is brilliant conduct on the battlefield of Seven Pines, US Lt. Col. Dermot Gavin have received the USA 1st HACW Medal of Merit.

Congratulations, Sir.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next