American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:06 pm 

I have made my hotel reservations for TillerCon II.

If you have not already done so, it is time to get your TICKETS.

You can check out the event at:

http://www.hist-sdc.com/con/2/index.html

And for some discussions, you can visit:

http://www.hist-sdc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

One of the excellent things is being able to speak directly with the game designers and John Tiller.

That is in addition to PLAYING some great games HEAD-TO-HEAD! Just imagine the fun when you charge thoe REBELS and break their line and you can actually see the glowering face of your opponent across the table. It is WORTH it.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:29 am 

Have had a pretty quite response from the ACWGC so far for this event. Heck, for the 2 reunions I planned a few years back we had a bigger turn out from this club, for a whole lot less to offer!

You guys not interested?

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:30 am 

As I said before, I will be there.
Jim Gleason LG 4-2-I AoP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:04 am 

As time draws nearer for this event make sure and keep an eye on the forum for TC II for details on what we have planned - I've made a couple of new posts there this morning:

http://www.hist-sdc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:05 am 

Hey Rich,

About next year try setting it up down in Charleston, S. C. where the First Shots Were Fired at. I wish I could attend this one but Kansas is little too far away for me to go.

I would be willing to help you if you decide to come down to sunny South Carolina.

I am GAME..all the time.

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
Brig. General
Pee Dee Division
/2/II - ANV - CSA
VMI Adjutant / Instructor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:03 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by WTisdale</i>
<br />Hey Rich,

About next year try setting it up down in Charleston, S. C. where the First Shots Were Fired at. I wish I could attend this one but Kansas is little too far away for me to go.

I would be willing to help you if you decide to come down to sunny South Carolina.

I am GAME..all the time.

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
Brig. General
Pee Dee Division
/2/II - ANV - CSA
VMI Adjutant / Instructor
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

General Tisdale,

You are mistaken, sir. Tiller Con II is not being held all the way out west in Kansas. It's being held right here in Missouri, much further east [:D] !

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, 3/2/I/AotM (Club President & Cabinet Member)
CCC - Ensign, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Department, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:57 am 

It is a short 1100 miles from Charleston to KC.

Why by mule, it will only take you 2 days to travel there.

[:p]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:02 am 

Last edited by dradams2 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:53 am 

Might be worth a survey sometime to get some demographics on the club members.

My main problem is driving distance as I live in NC. I supect this may be a common denominator.

KC may be a good location if folks are somewhat evenly distributed across the country but that may not be the case.

Lt. Gen. Ed Blackburn
II/VI/AoS
"Forward Bucktails"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:34 pm 

Distance was a common complaint I heard when we held TC I here in Virginia in '05, so figured a central US location stood about as good of a chance at satisfying people as anything else. I understand the draw back too, as I'll be driving over from Virginia for this one...

With a world-wide user base it's impossible to pick one location that will be easy for the majority of the people...all I can say is this site is good, with lots to do for the whole family, nice hotel with good facilities and a plethora of resources close at hand. A much better spot that I came up with for TC I. [8D]

Heck, Jim Thomas flew in from Washington state & Den Mcbride came down from Canada to attend the first ACWGC reunion at a little hotel south of Petersburg, VA back in '02...no computers or anything else...just a little room to chat in and then some battlefield tours.

http://www.hist-sdc.com/reunion.html

All I can say is, this is a once every 2-year event where you can get together for 3 days with a bunch of guys that have the same interests as you and game till your hearts content. I heard several guys comment that they were a bit nervous on the way to TC I, but once they got there and started talking to people they were instantly comfortable, realizing they actually had something in common with the group unlike normal gatherings. And really I feel that way too, as I'm not a sports nut, and I meet very few guys that are into wargaming...most of them gloss over when I share any level of detail about my hobby...

Any, hope some of you can come at least! [:)]

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:10 pm 

No doubt the facilities will be much better in KC. But the one thing I really enjoyed about TC1 was it's close proximity to so many cool ACW sites.

But I can't wait to attend TCII. I cetainly plan on being there. I hope to see many of you there.

Rich

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rich Hamilton</i>
<br />Distance was a common complaint I heard when we held TC I here in Virginia in '05, so figured a central US location stood about as good of a chance at satisfying people as anything else. I understand the draw back too, as I'll be driving over from Virginia for this one...

With a world-wide user base it's impossible to pick one location that will be easy for the majority of the people...all I can say is this site is good, with lots to do for the whole family, nice hotel with good facilities and a plethora of resources close at hand. A much better spot that I came up with for TC I. [8D]

Heck, Jim Thomas flew in from Washington state & Den Mcbride came down from Canada to attend the first ACWGC reunion at a little hotel south of Petersburg, VA back in '02...no computers or anything else...just a little room to chat in and then some battlefield tours.

http://www.hist-sdc.com/reunion.html

All I can say is, this is a once every 2-year event where you can get together for 3 days with a bunch of guys that have the same interests as you and game till your hearts content. I heard several guys comment that they were a bit nervous on the way to TC I, but once they got there and started talking to people they were instantly comfortable, realizing they actually had something in common with the group unlike normal gatherings. And really I feel that way too, as I'm not a sports nut, and I meet very few guys that are into wargaming...most of them gloss over when I share any level of detail about my hobby...

Any, hope some of you can come at least! [:)]

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Capt. Richard Walker
I Corps
Army of the Mississippi
2nd Brigade, 3rd Division
"Defenders of Tennessee"