American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:56 am 
I'd like to get in on one if so to save a few dabloons... no desire to head one up again right now, too much going on with the new house.

Regards,

Brig. Gen. Alan Lynn
2nd Div, II Corps, AoA
VMI Training Staff

God Bless <><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:20 am 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="orange">General Lynn Suh! <salute>

Alan, having problems with your email address, would you please contact both Commandant Tisdale and myself. We have you schedule to do some training over at VMI!

Regards,

</font id="orange"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="orange"><font size="4">Nick Kunz
General
<font color="white">Raider Signals Bn
II Corps, Army of Alabama
Commanding</font id="white">
Adjutant, VMI
Cabinet Secretary
Confederate States of America</font id="orange"></font id="size4">

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:30 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by warbison</i>
<br /><font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="orange">General Lynn Suh! <salute>

Alan, having problems with your email address, would you please contact both Commandant Tisdale and myself. We have you schedule to do some training over at VMI!

Regards,

</font id="orange"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="orange"><font size="4">Nick Kunz
General
<font color="white">Raider Signals Bn
II Corps, Army of Alabama
Commanding</font id="white">
Adjutant, VMI
Cabinet Secretary
Confederate States of America</font id="orange"></font id="size4">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yes, our new home doesn't have DSL access, so instead of transfering our email addresses to the dail-up - with the same company!!! - they closed our old email addresses. I didn't find this out until Saturday so for the past two weeks any emails sent to my address on file would have been rejected. I hope to call them today and straighten it out - they say it should be no problem to get them reactivated. But I haven't had access to that email since April 2nd, so anything anyone has sent since then should be considered captured by Yankee cavalry.

Also, it might be this weekend before I have internet (dial-up, blech [xx(]) back up and running at the new house. There have been many bigger fish to fry during the move, and many of those are still roasting on the spit. [:(]

Regards,

Brig. Gen. Alan Lynn
2nd Div, II Corps, AoA
VMI Training Staff

God Bless <><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:18 pm 

Are you fellows aware of a site called the <b>NWS Online Combaat Gaming Store</b>? Books, Board games, miniatures and a variety of Computer wargames both new and used. Also take trade-ins. I hate to cut in on HPS but I just bought Vicksburg and Atlanta for $29.95 each plus six bucks shipping. And I hate to get shaken down on eBay + $5 or $6 a game because they make money on shipping, and usually get sniped on any real good deal anyway.

When you speak of a "group buy" are you buying from HPS with some deep discount? And what might be the discount? I don't usually worry about a few bucks difference..heck it costs five bucks for breakfast at McDonald's these days...but a savings of almost twenty dollars a game including post is pretty hard to pass up. I don't think I am suppose to link to a commerical site here but Google<font color="red"> NWS Online Combat Gaming Store</font id="red"> and you should find it OK. Actualy I found them by searching for HPS games on Amazon.

LtCol.Tom Ciampa
2nd Bgde,1st Cav
XIV Corps, AoC
Games: TS/BG: AN, BR, CH, GB, SH - HPS: AT, GB, SH, VK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:13 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tciampa</i>
<br />Are you fellows aware of a site called the <b>NWS Online Combaat Gaming Store</b>? Books, Board games, miniatures and a variety of Computer wargames both new and used. Also take trade-ins. I hate to cut in on HPS but I just bought Vicksburg and Atlanta for $29.95 each plus six bucks shipping. And I hate to get shaken down on eBay + $5 or $6 a game because they make money on shipping, and usually get sniped on any real good deal anyway.

When you speak of a "group buy" are you buying from HPS with some deep discount? And what might be the discount? I don't usually worry about a few bucks difference..heck it costs five bucks for breakfast at McDonald's these days...but a savings of almost twenty dollars a game including post is pretty hard to pass up. I don't think I am suppose to link to a commerical site here but Google<font color="red"> NWS Online Combat Gaming Store</font id="red"> and you should find it OK. Actualy I found them by searching for HPS games on Amazon.

LtCol.Tom Ciampa
2nd Bgde,1st Cav
XIV Corps, AoC

Tom,

The deal that HPS gives us is generally 5 games for the price of 3. So if five guys each want one game you just get one guy to coordinate and pay with a credit card and the other four guys pay him their portion. The games generally come out to around $35 after shipping that way. I've done this for the last three titles, I think, always works great.

But since I've gotten no other responses and don't need 5 new games myself, I might check out that other site you mentioned... thanks.

Regards,

Brig. Gen. Alan Lynn
2nd Div, II Corps, AoA
VMI Training Staff

God Bless <><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:18 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tciampa</i>
<br />Are you fellows aware of a site called the <b>NWS Online Combaat Gaming Store</b>? Books, Board games, miniatures and a variety of Computer wargames both new and used. Also take trade-ins. I hate to cut in on HPS but I just bought Vicksburg and Atlanta for $29.95 each plus six bucks shipping. And I hate to get shaken down on eBay + $5 or $6 a game because they make money on shipping, and usually get sniped on any real good deal anyway.

LtCol.Tom Ciampa
2nd Bgde,1st Cav
XIV Corps, AoC

Tom,

The deal that HPS gives us is generally 5 games for the price of 3. So if five guys each want one game you just get one guy to coordinate and pay with a credit card and the other four guys pay him their portion. The games generally come out to around $35 after shipping that way. I've done this for the last three titles, I think, always works great.

But since I've gotten no other responses and don't need 5 new games myself, I might check out that other site you mentioned... thanks.

Regards,

Brig. Gen. Alan Lynn
2nd Div, II Corps, AoA
VMI Training Staff

God Bless <><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:23 am 

Thanks for the info Alan. I do try to patronize HPS as I know the blood, sweat and tears that go into the games having been a playtester from time to time as well as being in on some of the design discussions. But sometimes money comes into play (and there is no senior discount [:)]. It is hard to ignore a deep discount from one of the few other retailers of their games. I would jump at the group deal if I hadn't gotten the kind of price I just experienced from this NWS place. I would also feel "guilty" about not always buying direct from John but as a retiree now on a limited income, I occasionally suffer from pangs of at least making a pretence at being frugal when it is an easy choice. I probably own at least 24 of their games and most were bought from HPS.

Anyway, thanks for cluing me in to the group buy. I may well choose to do that for the next game that comes out just to be a good sport and give HPS the business.

<Tom,

Regards,

Brig. Gen. Alan Lynn
2nd Div, II Corps, AoA
VMI Training Staff

God Bless <><
[/quote]

LtCol.Tom Ciampa
2nd Bgde,1st Cav
XIV Corps, AoC