American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:54 am 
I joined the ANV in September 2006, yet I have never recieved a single point in Discrectionary awards.

I see other peoples OBD records and they often have many Discrectionary awards, in fact I seem to be one of a small group of people that have not recieved any.

I wish to ask....is there something that I am missing....what do you have to do to recieve these award points. Is there a club within the club that I am not privvy to?

Now I know that there is not....so I ask again is there something that I am missing?

Could anyone shed some light on the mystery of Discrectionary OBD points.

<center>Colonel Edward Stewart
[url="http://www1.webng.com/Bonemash/OBD/ANV/III_Corps/III_Div/EdStewart.html"]Image[/url]

2nd Brig, 3rd Div,
III Corps, ANV
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:56 am 

Here is the OBD breakdown, per Club Rules:

4.2 Types of OBD Points. There are three different ways OBD points may be earned by an officer.

4.2.1 Engagement Points. Battle points are earned by playing games. Members may play either side, USA or CSA, regardless of their army affiliation. Points will be awarded when an End Game form is submitted. (Protocol requires the winner of a game submit the End Game form, if possible. If no winner can be determined, the players involved determine who will submit the form. In the event the winner is unable or unwilling to submit the form, it is allowable for the other player to submit the form.)

4.2.2 Administration Points. Administration points are earned by serving in designated command positions within the military groups and/or the Cabinet. The Club President and Cabinet Secretaries are not excluded from serving in some command position within their military group. For example, a Cabinet Secretary who also served as a CC would receive 25 points per month. These points are the maximum that can be earned for a given position, but are discretionary based on satisfactory job performance.

4.2.3 Conduct Points. Conduct points are awarded at the discretion of the CoA, as recommended by junior officers. These points are intended to be used to encourage participation ‘above and beyond the call of duty’, and are in addition to any administrative points awarded.

So the answer to your question would depend on which category we are discussing, although it would probably be safe to assume we are talking Conduct Points. How they are distributed varies from Army to Army, but it's a fair question that should be addressed via the chain of command for you in particular. Some examples o Conduct Awards that I can speak to from the Union side include running websites, writing War College articles, training new recruits, after action reports posted at taverns, tourney participation, scenario design, etc.

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:23 am 
General Laub,
Thank you for the breakdown of possible Conduct point awards.

It was something that had never really been explained and had me wondering. I at least now know some of the possible reasons for these awards and must say that the reasons you gave are all deserving of some form of recognition.

<center>Colonel Edward Stewart
[url="http://www1.webng.com/Bonemash/OBD/ANV/III_Corps/III_Div/EdStewart.html"]Image[/url]

2nd Brig, 3rd Div,
III Corps, ANV
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:50 pm 

Colonel Stewart,

I understand, in the Confederate army, discrenionary points can be awarded from sufficient Paypal accivity between you and your commanding officer. [:D]

MajGen Al 'Ambushed' Amos
3rd "Amos' Ambushers" Bde, Cavalry Division, XX Corps, AoC
The Union Forever! Huzzah!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:05 pm 
The answer's pretty easy, Col. Stewart. The Conduct Points are there. Some of the armies make use of them, some don't. Perhaps discussion with in the ANV could begin a program of distributing these OBD points with some regularity. That would be between the members of ANV.

Gen. J. Cuneo, CSA
Army of Alabama, Commanding
Image Image

"I have seen the faces of men, who had dared death so often, it lost its' terror." -J.S. Mosby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:17 pm 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Al Amos</i>
<br />Colonel Stewart,

I understand, in the Confederate army, discrenionary points can be awarded from sufficient Paypal accivity between you and your commanding officer. [:D]

MajGen Al 'Ambushed' Amos
3rd "Amos' Ambushers" Bde, Cavalry Division, XX Corps, AoC
The Union Forever! Huzzah!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hey now! That is... awwww, never mind... [;)]

Regards,

Major Gen. Alan Lynn
CSA Chief of Staff
3rd Bgde, 3rd Cav Div, II Corps, AoA

God Bless <><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:37 am 

When I was a Corps Commander years ago I would award them to guys who showed a lot of activity, generated AAR's, conducted inter-unit training games etc. Anything that helped the club be a better place for people to come.

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:41 am 

Happy to help!

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/