American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Out of Town
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:25 pm 

I will be unavailable this weekend, will be away Friday Oct 19 till late Sunday Oct 21. Making my annual trip to Gettysburg to muster with the Friends and the Gettysburg Foundation. Will be staying at the Eisenhower Inn this year as the hotels in town jacked their rates, understand the FNPG Fall Muster coincides with the college homecoming weekend this year. Price went from $120 last year to $165 at my usual hotel at the foot of Cemetary Hill.

To my opponents there will be no turns till Sunday or Monday night. For members of the AoS if something comes up that cannot wait till I return you can contact Gen Corbin.

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:50 am 

Time to raid the good General's Whiskey Cabinet [:D]. Hope you have a good time and don't take any wooden nickles, or Yankee dollars

Respectfully,
Maj. Gen. Gery Bastiani
II Corps, 3rd Div. Tarheel Division
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:49 am 

Jealous here! Nice time of year to see the battlefield, I'm sure...leaves changing, etc.

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:03 pm 

I forgot to post on my trip, came home Sunday night and have been working 12 hour shifts all week. Soon as that is over I'll try to find the time to download my pictures and maybe get some of them posted on one of my sites.

The ride down was a bit rainy but it cleared up Saturday with partly cloudy skies and cool weather. Got to see some of the recently cleared ground around Devil's Den and the Triangular Field. They're clearing out trees that weren't there in 1863 and adding orchards and woodlots that were.

The new visitor's center is on schedule to open in the spring of 2008 with more space for artifact displays, interactive displays on the battle and the civil war in general as well as retail shops. Understand there are plans for a shuttle from town to the visitor center. Also the cyclorama restoration is expected to be done in September of next year when it will open to the public in it's new home. Once those are up and running I understand the plan is to remove the old buildings and restore that part of the field to historical conditions.

Sunday was a beautiful sunny day and the wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the drive home through the mountains and the fall foliage.

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah