American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:48 pm 

Hello Gents,

It has been a while since I posted anything. Covid had me swamped at work for what seems like forever. Just recently I found the time to design a new scenario for anyone who might want to play it. The scenario is a "what if" about Lee's lost orders never being found. Takes place on the Gettysburg battlefield with the Antietam forces. The CSA forces have been strengthened slightly. I provide a plausible reason (IMHO) how this occurs on my website.

The scenario can be found here https://chriscsa73.wixsite.com/my-site-3/gettysburg-62 at the bottom of the page. You need Campaign Antietam to use it. Here is how to set it up:

1) Make a copy of your Campaign Antietam and rename it Gettysburg 1862. (This is important to make a copy as some files will be overwritten)
2) Download to your desktop the scenario from https://chriscsa73.wixsite.com/my-site-3/gettysburg-62
3) Right click on the download folder and select "Extract All" and then select "browse" to select your Gettysburg 1862 folder. Then select Extract and Yes to overwriting any files.
4) Start the game as you would any other. The Scenario is called "0.03 Gettysburg '62 v.03", It should be one of the fist scenarios on the list.

This is a beta, I am sure it needs more work, but it is the 3rd version of it as I have been playtesting it with another club member. Please provide any feedback you might have on this thread. The website needs some additional work also, to include some grammar corrections on the scenario backstory. This scenario is not suitable for Single Player yet as I haven't written any AI scripts.

Fun Facts: Hal Jespersen, who makes the Wikipedia maps for the Civil War articles, provided me with a blank Gettysburg Campaign map so I could show the troop movements in this alternate timeline. These troop movements are on the download page along with the backstory.
Keith Rocco, the Civil War and Military painter, provided me with an image for the title screen. Adds a nice touch, makes it seem like you are getting a new game even though I am only adding one scenario.

Image Image

Profile Send private message