American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:25 pm 

Officers of the ACWGC!

Please be advised that I am accepting applications to serve as the Recruiting Officer (RO) for the ACWGC from the date of this notice until December 29, 2021.

I post this notice due to the resignation of General Blake Strickler which I accepted with gratitude for the exemplary work he completed while serving as our RO. As stated by General Strickler:

“I will be voluntarily stepping down from my post as Recruitment Officer in the ACWGC [effective January 1, 2022]. My new role as Army Commander for the Army of Northern Virginia, along with my role as Cabinet Secretary, do not allow me sufficient time to oversee the office moving forward. In 2021 the Recruitment Office idea took flight and we made major strides to increase our presence on Facebook, YouTube, and with the ACWGC.net website. The Recruitment Office website will remain open and continue to house the Tournament Headquarters, the Training Academies, and the War Libraries. I appreciate the trust of the Cabinet in allowing me to serve the Club in this way in 2021. I look forward to new challenges in 2022 and beyond."

Blake has made the commitment to me that he will continue to maintain the AWWGC RO website and FB Pages.

What this means is that the primary duty of the RO and his staff should he enlist them (see below) will be to continue outreach to venues that prospective applicants to the ACWGC may visit, be that the JTS Opponents FB page, American Civil War Talk or other sites. Outreach means posting information that describes the ACWGC and provides links to the RO Website. Templates for this kind of information have been developed.

The RO serves as the one and only member of the President’s Staff and I am a good guy to work for. Ask Blake if you doubt me.

For information as to the duties of the RO see Club Rule 3.1.2.10.

For information as to what positions service as the RO qualifies the incumbent for see Club Rule 4.1.

For information as to OBD points awarded for service as the RO see Club Rule 4.2.2 (k).

In my opinion, the ACWGC RO is one, if not the, most important jobs in our Club. Without a steady stream of new members this Club will eventually “perish from this earth” due to the simple natural attrition of an aging membership.

If you are interested in serving in this key post of the best ACW Club in the World (and make an effort to keep it that way!), send me an application (waltdortch@gmail.com). It need say no more than that you want the job, but I encourage your submittal of additional information as to how you will approach the job and your experience and skill in posting material on social media. I will share, as a courtesy, all applications received with members of the ACWGC Cabinet.

UA Operations Officer
UA Wolverine Team Leader

Profile Send private message