American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:45 pm 

The AotP webpages have been moved to their previous home at
https://www.unioneaglesonline.com/AotP/AotP.htm
The pages were also rewritten to conform with the changes to the AotT pages so that it will make it easier to maintain them and updated with the latest awards, ranks and OBD levels.
Anyone who has bookmarks for the main AotP webpage and the AotP OOB page will need to update these.
The main Union Army page at https://www.unioneaglesonline.com/UNIONARMY/UAHQ.htm has been updated with these new links so you can use it to get to the new AotP pages.

The McKeesport Union Guard

3/1/II
AotP

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:39 am 

I'd been privileged to follow these developments for a little while - Genl Miller is the singular intangible asset that the Army of the Potomac has had; and as awesome as his work has been, it's the clear passion that he has for it that is truly impressive, and one hell of a great example.

My guys now here's the thing -- spot who your portrait is -and report back in here. And yep I need to organise an email to that effect.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:46 am 

I forgot to note that the portraits used in the webpage are pictures of officers who actually served in that position at one time or another in that corps according to McKeever's book, some being temporary while the actual commander was not available. Since the club's Union Army OOB does not match the historical set up they may not have commanded the specific brigade/division listed but they did serve in that capacity at some time in that corps.

The only exception to this currently is the portrait of the CoS, this is a personal picture of myself taken at the photo shop in Gettysburg many years ago. When and if someone else takes on the job that can be replaced with the historical holder of the job. I have left instructions in the code for doing this for when and if someone else takes over the job of updating the webpages.

There are also some brigades that have historical names in the unit section and others that have a personal name in the officer's section.
The historical designations should stay with the unit and should not be changed, the personal names/mottos are subject to approval of the CoA and will remain part of the officer's data and would easily be moved should the officer be reassigned to another unit.

The McKeesport Union Guard

3/1/II
AotP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:22 pm 

Awesome work Ken! Always a top quality job! Thanks for the continued commitment to this all! Also a fan of the leader images used. 8)