American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 2:10 pm 

Karl McEntegart wrote:
:shock: :shock: The table for Set#5 didn't/won't display !

It's getting too exciting to be missing out at this stage.........

Gotta love tech issues! The website I use is updating at the moment.

Suffice to say, Nick is in first followed by Mike. David and I are at the bottom like a couple of bums. The rest of the group is mixing it up good for the final two playoff spots.

Hope to be back up online tomorrow with the site.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 8:28 am 

:roll: :roll: :roll: Thank you Sir.

Army of Tennessee

Make my enemy brave and strong, so that if defeated, I will not be ashamed.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 11:33 am 

The four games are now completed from Set #6 in our Regular Season. We all play seven times in total. The ranking by each participant is their current ranking according to points.

The results from Set #6 -

#7 BLAKE vs. #8 DAVID
Well, David vs. Blake, someone has to win. Neither team had any luck (surprise) in their pre-battle command rolls. Both dropped to 85 points as they entered the contest.

David's Volunteers were full of fight, but couldn't hold back the desperate fighting of Blake's Fire-Eaters as they sought their first victory. Blake's guys broke David's lines time and time again. Finally, the streak of losses has ended and Blake has his first victory!

#4 MITCH vs #3 KYLE
Mitch's Monsters dropped quite a few command tests before the battle while Kyle's Yankees passed many of their tests. Going into the fight, Kyle has an overall rating of 91 against Mitch's 86.

Mitch's team could not hold their lines up against Kyle's Yankees. The Monsters were driven back and beaten handily in the battle. Mitch suffers his fourth defeat while Kyle picks up his fourth win.

#6 TODD vs. #5 TOM
Todd's Texas Tonadoes are in need of a win. But being led by Bragg has its risks. Bragg failed his command tests (8% chance) and dropped all the way to a D/F rating! This could spell disaster. But Tom's No-Hopers were also severly hit in the command tests. Sherman dropped to a C/D rating and Tom's team dropped to a record low rating of 79 as a group! This should be interesting to watch.

This was a good battle as Tood's team broke first in the match. But the Texas Tornadoes rallied and came back swinging hard in the mirror match. They ended up defeating Tom's No-Hopers who routed throughout the second match. Todd earns an important victory and moves to 3 - 3 while Tom drops to 2 - 4.

#1 NICK vs. #2 MIKE
In the matchup we have been waiting for, Nick's undefeated Virginia Cadets take on Mike's Gettysburgers. Nick is going to have an uphill battle as he suffered some major command test failures in the pre-battle rolls. Johnston has dropped to a D/D rating, while his two DCs (usually A/A) have dropped to A/B and C/A. Can Nick pull it out? On the other side, Mike also had some poor luck. But his failures all effected his BCs more than his high command. He goes into this battle as the favorite with a rating of 89 versus Nick's 82.

This was not even competitive! Nick's team came right out and laid the hammer down on the Gettysburgers from the very start. Nick's Cadets won both sides of the mirror match and practically guaranteed themselves the number one seed in the playoffs. Mike's team underperformed and now are in a dogfight with Kyle's team for the #2 seed.

Below you will see our standings after Set #6 in our regular season.

NOTES:
The battle to reach the playoffs is in full swing. We have four teams fighting for two spots in the play-in game (Todd, Mitch, Blake, and Tom). Anything can happen next week!

Set #7 coming up Thursday!

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 2:46 pm 

Brilliant stuff indeed, nail biting even ! Watch the 'Gator' boys, they've been known to come from the back.......... :o :shock: Follow your CC men :lol:

Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 11:52 am 

The four games are now completed from Set #7 in our Regular Season. We all play seven times in total. The ranking by each participant is their current ranking according to points.

The results from Set #7 -

#8 DAVID vs. #5 MITCH
In their final battle of the regular season, both Mitch and David managed to hold onto their original ratings through their command tests. It would be anyone's game. But it is far more important for Mitch as he struggles to maintain a foothold in the top five to reach the playoffs.

Although eliminated from playoff contention, David's team of Volunteers did not go quietly into the night. They fought hard and put a hurting on Mitch's Monsters. The Volunteers came away with a win and may have spoiled Mitch's hopes of reaching the postseason.

#6 BLAKE vs. #4 TODD
Blake's team desperately needs to win here to hope to reach the play-in game. But nobody told that to fate. Blake, once more, had bad luck in his pre-game rolls and goes into this one with a season-low 84 point rating. Todd's Texas Tornadoes had better luck in the pre-game rolls but still dropped from a rating of 95 to a 93.

This game was brutal! Neither side backed down and both inflicted heavy losses on the other. In the end, Todd's team managed to squeak by with the victory. But Blake's Fire-Eaters scored very high and now have to just hope that Tom and/or Kyle lose their games big.

#3 KYLE vs. #2 MIKE
In the matchup between Kyle's Yankees and Mike's Gettysburgers, the Yankees had the better pre-battle outcomes. Kyle's team improved from a 91 rating to a 95, while Mike's team dropped from a 91 to an 85. Kyle has a clear advantage at the start of this one.

This was one of those battles which was over from turn one. Kyle's front line inexplicably suffered numerous routs at the very start and he was never able to regain any momentum. Mike crushed him in game one and although Kyle played a good game two, he was too far behind in points to come back. Kyle ends the season 4 - 3 while Mike goes 5 - 2.

#7 TOM vs. #1 NICK
The final battle of the season will take place between Nick's undefeated Virginia Cadets, and Tom's No-Hopers. Tom needs a victory here or his place in the playoffs is in serious jeopardy. Both Nick and Tom improved their pre-battle ratings, but Nick still has a three-point advantage overall.

Domination. Absolute domination. Nick's guys came out and put a brutal beating down on Tom's No-Hopers. Tom's team ended up with the lowest single game score of the season with just a 2,890. The Virginia Cadets finished their season with a perfect record while Tom's team plummeted in the standings.

THE REGULAR SEASON CHAMPIONS!

Below you will see our final standings after Set #7 in our regular season.

NOTES:
Wow! I won only one game but squeaked into the play-in game. Big losses by both David and Tom during the regular season doomed them both. Mitch also had one poor game back in Set #2 against Tom and that ended up costing him here. I ended up having 141 more points than Mitch and passed him for 5th place! It doesn't matter how you get there, so long as you get there!

Nick's dominance is undeniable. We have debated it some in our group emails but can't see what has made Nick's team so superior up to this point. Perhaps it is luck, maybe it is having the two best divisional commanders, or maybe Nick is just simply on a hot streak. But he is the betting favorite to win it all.

The Play-In Game Video and Report will be posted here on Friday! The Semifinals will take place on Saturday with the Championship Game being posted on Sunday!

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 2:01 pm 

Amazing stuff, an exciting weekend ! I'm not around over the weekend so will not get to catch up on all this until Monday, Good Luck to All :D

Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 4:21 pm 

My team blew it at the end. Typical Michigan luck. Good game everyone.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 4:31 pm 

Might have jinxed my guys by calling them the No-Hopers :shock:

Really interesting game thanks everyone - I'd definitely rethink my picking strategy next time out! Will keep an eye out for the results from the knock-out results!

ACWGC President 2022 - 2024

Marshall's Brigade 'The St Andrews Greys', 2nd (Gator Alley) Division, Stewart's Corps, Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 5:24 pm 

It is time for the one-game Play-In Matchup!

The #5 seed, Blake's Nashville Fire-Eaters, are going up against the #4 Yankees, led by Kyle. Blake's Fire-Eaters barely made the Play-In game but are well-led by Beauregard, Stonewall Jackson, and Jeb Stuart. Kyle's Yankee team is led by Thomas with a host of solid brigadiers in the ranks.

If you are to watch it unfold via video - click the link below. It's a good game!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oijYSD4uLpk

Stop here unless you want to find out the result by reading...

Here is the play-by-play:
In the pre-battle command tests, Blake's team fared about average and dropped just one rating point from a 90 to an 89. But Kyle's luck was not with him as he suffered numerous command rolls which hurt him. Thomas dropped from a B/C to a C/C while his CC Logan went from a C/B to an F/B. Altogether Kyle dropped 6 rating points from a 91 to an 85. Will this swing the battle in Blake's favor? Let's find out.

Blake got out to a big lead in game number one. Kyle's team routed constantly in that game and Blake was able to rack up a seemingly insurmountable number of points. But then the second game was very competitive, and Kyle fought back hard. But Kyle was not able to dig out of the hole he was in after the first game. In the end, Blake walked away with an upset victory and has reached the official playoffs which begin tomorrow!

NOTE:
The semifinals begin tomorrow with Blake vs. Nick and then Todd vs. Mike. The Championship Game will be on Sunday!

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 11:04 am 

The Semifinals of the Fantasy Draft Season are now complete. The results are as follows:

#4 BLAKE vs. #1 NICK

To view the video of this matchup click on the link below -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOHeV-CQP_0

#3 TODD vs. #2 MIKE

To view the video of this matchup click on the link below -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Hyr6PvjXk

If you would like to read the written recaps, scroll down.

BLAKE vs. NICK
Blake's Nashville Fire-Eaters are going up against Nick's undefeated Virginia Cadets in the first playoff game. In the regular season, Blake was crushed by Nick in Set #1. In the pre-battle command checks, Blake's team improved by one point while Nick's dropped by two points. Nick's high command group improved though while his brigadiers dropped in quality. For Blake, his best divisional leader, Stuart, dropped from an A/A rating to a C/A rating. Will any of that matter in the end?

This battle was a great one. In the first game the Virginia Cadets stumbled early on. Blake's team kept up the pressure and took a good lead in points going into the second game of the match. Nick's team came back strong in the second game and routed Blake's line numerous times. They quickly caught up in points but then faltered in the last few turns. Blake's team was able to hold out for the overall victory by a margin of under 200 points. The Nashville Fire-Eaters advance to the first ever Fantasy Draft Championship Game!

TODD vs. MIKE
In the second playoff game, Todd's Texas Tornadoes would square off against Mike's Gettysburgers. In the pre-battle command tests, Mike's team remained even in their ratings but did drop some skill points with their lowest rated brigadiers. Todd's team also dropped a few points, from a 95 rating to a 93. Both go into the battle with good teams but with a couple of very weak brigadiers to worry about.

Todd's Tornadoes came out strong in the first game and gave Mike's team all they could handle. Mike's guys fell behind in points and had an uphill battle in the second game of the mirror match. But Mike's guys returned the favor in game two and kept Todd's team back on their heels throughout the game. In the end, Mike's team was able to make up the points they needed and walk away with the victory! Mike's Gettysburgers are headed to the Championship!

Our Championship game is now all set!

Blake's Nashville Fire-Eaters vs. Mike's Gettysburgers!

The video and result will be posted Sunday. Don't miss it! You may even wish to order a pizza and turn it into a block party :)

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 3:09 pm 

*cracks knuckles*

Well, well, well...guess I'll see you on the field tomorrow

https://blakeacwgc.wixsite.com/trainingacademy
http://www.civilwartees.com/

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 4:12 pm 

The Championship Game!

The Nashville Fire-Eaters (Blake) vs. the Gettysburgers (Mike)

If you would like to view the video of the final battle then you can click below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M28ZYMsQZ84

If you prefer the written recap then scroll down to read the results.

The Championship Game between Blake's Nashville Fire-Eaters and Mike's Gettysburgers should be a good one! In the pre-battle command tests, both sides maintained their overall ratings. Both had commanders move up or down a bit, but nothing which really altered their overall makeup. This would be an even fight.

In the first game, Blake moved and fired first but could not break Mike's line. Repeated setbacks soon caused Blake to falter and his force to grow weaker as the battle progressed. At the end of the first battle, the result was dead even - a bad sign for the Nashville team.

In the second game, Mike moved and fired first. His team took it to Blake's and once more dominated the battle line by routing Blake's forces back time and time again. The result was not in doubt after about the halfway point.

Mike's Gettysburgers easily cruised to a victory to claim the first ever Championship Belt in the ACWGC Fantasy Draft Tournament!

My congratulations to Mike! Well done, sir!

This was a most enjoyable tournament all the way around. I thought it would take weeks to do the draft and finish our season. Instead, it took less than two weeks to do the whole thing! It was fast-paced, fun, and really unique. There will be another Fantasy Draft Tournament at the end of the year just for some fun during the holidays. Maybe we will expand the roster to 12 or 16 participants. I know that I will add more generals to the draft pool and find a few new ways to make the thing even better.

I hope you enjoyed the write-ups here. And if you watched the videos - I hope you liked those as well. I usually edit my videos but in this instance it was almost all live as I didn't want to mess up the flow of the game. My dog making cameo barks from time to time was the icing on the cake.

I am coming for revenge against Mike and his Gettysburgers next time! :)

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 9:05 pm