American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:12 pm 

Gentlemen,

After a long hiatus from publishing videos, I am back at it!

Check out the latest Video After Action Report on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYOcqxSIloI

This battle features the Federal team of Walt Dortch and Jim Boling versus the Rebel team of Paul Swanson and Todd Hively.

It turned into a classic battle and one worth watching!

Having just re-watched Part One... I don't know why I was so monotone during the intro but I sounded like I was a robot. Maybe I should do Audiobooks "when I grow up."

Part Two will be released in a few days.

Enjoy!

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:50 pm 

Blake wrote:
Gentlemen,

After a long hiatus from publishing videos, I am back at it!

Check out the latest Video After Action Report on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYOcqxSIloI

This battle features the Federal team of Walt Dortch and Jim Boling versus the Rebel team of Paul Swanson and Todd Hively.

It turned into a classic battle and one worth watching!

Having just re-watched Part One... I don't know why I was so monotone during the intro but I sounded like I was a robot. Maybe I should do Audiobooks "when I grow up."

Part Two will be released in a few days.

Enjoy!

"why I was so monotone ... do Audiobooks". LOL, probably too busy concentrating on 'sounding professional' [a big problem with snippets of audiobooks I've heard]. Once you progressed further it was no longer monotone and, from memory, once the action starts your excitement and charm shows through.

From memory, a bloody battle. Viewers should enjoy the fight and your commentary.
I recall I didn't agree with one of your 'two cents worth' that is to come, and I may comment later. As usual, there is often some 'method to my madness'.

[Trivia Note. Like quite a few sayings, 'method to my madness' stems from Shakespeare (From Hamlet 2.2.203 "Though this be madness, yet there is method in't." More quotes in common use today can be found here (https://inews.co.uk/culture/william-shakespeare-quotes-phrases-plays-465th-birthday-today-3210).]

First Corps
Army of Northern Virginia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:10 pm 

Sounded like a robot? No, sir. You can call it calm, clear and non-native-speaker-friendly. :) But I do look forward to the emotion in the tone when the dramatic moment comes.

"Days and weeks of sheer boredom, interspersed with times of stark terror!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:33 pm 

Very interested to see what follows - thank you Blake!

ACWGC President 2022 - 2024

Marshall's Brigade 'The St Andrews Greys', 2nd (Gator Alley) Division, Stewart's Corps, Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:49 pm 

So excited with this after a 'long, dreary, wet Summer' here. I thought the into was perfect. As Mr. Swanson observed, a bloody fight, I cannot wait to see it unfold and have no doubt I will enjoy the commentary and the fight ! "I recall I didn't agree with one of your 'two cents worth' that is to come, and I may comment later. As usual, there is often some 'method to my madness'." As quoted, we don't always agree with the 'two cents worth' but I love reading them and seeing another perspective...............Brilliant Stuff, well done as always ! and I've only seen Ep. 1 :lol:

Army of Tennessee

Make my enemy brave and strong, so that if defeated, I will not be ashamed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:27 pm 

A "long, dreary, wet Summer"? The impression that we have in the southern hemisphere if that the northern hemisphere is burning up. Even cacti wilting (https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-08-03/arizona-heatwave-is-wilting-cacti/102683216) in Arizona as July was recorded as the world's hottest month ever.

Here, in the middle of Australia's winter, I have been enjoying lovely days of 23C (73F). I shudder to think what our upcoming summer will be like. Methinks Australia may burn in 2023/2024 as we did in 2019/2020 when about 50 million acres were torched by bushfires.

First Corps
Army of Northern Virginia