American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:05 am 

WDS has been publishing a series of news blogs under the header of WDS Napoleonic Battle Series. The Fifth Installment was published yesterday, and I would like to point members of the ACWGC to the last section where WDS introduces the use of the application Envoy to simulate the command and control of armies.

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/introd ... nstallment

I’m looking to find interested ACWGC members who would like to explore using Envoy in Civil War Battles games. Before responding, I would recommend downloading the Envoy package through the link provided near the end of the WDS blog. In the \Manual folder of the download you will find an Envoy mini tutorial I wrote which describes how to use Envoy and demonstrates the use of Envoy while controlling the British Army in the battle of Bussaco. The mini tutorial and subsequent addendum provides information about the possible ways to use Envoy that are directly applicable to the Civil War time period. The next step would be to put together a set of “house rules” to integrate the use of Envoy with Civil War Battles games. I have a first cut at some house rules put together by Chris Vasquez and me over the past several months as a starting point, but I’m looking for experienced eyes to help review, enhance and refine the “house rules” since both Chris and I are new to the club.

I look forward to hearing from anyone interested in trying Envoy with a Civil War Battles game, either in a solo mode to help balance play against the AI, in a head-to-head PBEM mode, and possibly in a MP mode in the future. Chris, I’m hoping you can join us, but I know your work schedule is hellacious right now.

Wallace

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:58 pm 

Wallace,

I would be interested in exploring Envoy for the CWB series. I have read the mini tutorial and the rules as linked on the WDS blog post of yesterday, 12/01/2023. I have also followed the posts on the WDS forum previously regarding Envoy although with no direct experience or understanding of it per se. I do however believe they may be beneficial to solo play, PBEM, and MP games in the future, and therefore worthy of being explored further.

I note both you and Chris are members of the Union side of the club and have both played a number of games at the ACWGC. I further note however, that despite my best efforts at searching both the DoR main site and using the Club Admin Page also, I cannot find an email address listed for you ! You will find my email address at the ACWGC should you wish to contact me regarding the above.

Best regards

Army of Tennessee

Make my enemy brave and strong, so that if defeated, I will not be ashamed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:40 pm 

Wallace,

My apologies, I found your email :shock:

An email to you will follow.........

Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:54 pm 

Hi Karl,

Being new to the club, I will have to figure out how to find emails as well. I look forward to your email and will try to send you an email as well.

Regards,

Wallace

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:58 am 

Wallace Welder wrote:
Hi Karl,

Being new to the club, I will have to figure out how to find emails as well. I look forward to your email and will try to send you an email as well.

Regards,

Wallace

Lt. Welder,
Often you'll find emails from new senders in your Junk or Spam folder, best way to fix this is to add them to Contacts unless your email has the ability to mark it as Not Junk.

Regarding the Forum if you click on the User Control Panel at the top of the Forum, go to Profile, Edit Signature you can create a signature
then if you go to Board Preferences, Edit Display Options and select Yes for Display signatures: and Submit that signature will appear at the bottom of your posts.

Brig. Gen. McEntegart,
If you go to the webpage for the Union Army
https://www.unioneaglesonline.com/UNIONARMY/UAHQ.htm
you can access the AotP and AotT army pages and then the OOB page for that army.
These are updated monthly and should have the Officer's name linked to their email account as registered at the DoR, provided I am notified of any changes.

The McKeesport Union Guard

3/1/II
AotP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:21 am 

Many thanks for the helpful information Ken!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:24 pm 

krmiller_usa wrote:
Wallace Welder wrote:
Hi Karl,

Regards,

Wallace

Lt. Welder,
Often you'll find emails from new senders in your Junk or Spam folder, best way to fix this is to add them to Contacts unless your email has the ability to mark it as Not Junk.

Regarding the Forum if you click on the User Control Panel at the top of the Forum, go to Profile, Edit Signature you can create a signature
then if you go to Board Preferences, Edit Display Options and select Yes for Display signatures: and Submit that signature will appear at the bottom of your posts.

Brig. Gen. McEntegart,
If you go to the webpage for the Union Army
https://www.unioneaglesonline.com/UNIONARMY/UAHQ.htm
you can access the AotP and AotT army pages and then the OOB page for that army.
These are updated monthly and should have the Officer's name linked to their email account as registered at the DoR, provided I am notified of any changes.

General Miller <salute>

I am obliged Sir for the information and the time taken in notifying me of same. Appreciated, Sir.

Army of Tennessee