American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:00 pm 

Gentlemen of All Persuasions. [:D]

I received a mail this evening telling me that I had won a 10% share of £25 Million Sterling, amounting to £2,203,479 in the U.K. Lottery. [8D]

My Joy was boundless - despite the Fact that I have never bought a Ticket in the U.K. Lottery and it rapidly dwindled down to Zero when I saw that the other 9 winners were ALL members of the ACWGC ( I recognised at least 6 of the other Recipient Addresses. [}:)]

So Gents, one of two things will be happening here - either we ALL ignore this mail and Trashcan it . . . Or 10 of us will be shooting at our Opponents with Gold-Plated Minie Balls from now on! [:o)]

I wonder . . . . which is more likely to happen[?]

Just a friendly reminder to all, that Ye git nuttin' fer nuttin'! [V] [B)] [;)]

Unfortunately! [:(]

Colonel Patrick G.M.Carroll,
II Corps, Commanding.
"Spartan Southrons"
Army of Georgia,
C.S.A.

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:09 pm 

You guys are gonna love this!! Someone had a web site counter scamming some guy from Nigeria( see the smoking room) I loved it so much I have started counter scamming some guy from Ghana. I am the Sub Reverend David Brown. It has been a hoot!! However, in the last email he sent me he stated that he knew I was a Major General!! I figured he probably got it from this site but now it has been confirmed. My last email I admitted that indeed I had once been a Major General but now had seen the error of my ways!! I am having SO much fun with this and I highly reccommned it. Be creative, these guys are idiots and will buy really stupid concepts!![:D]

Major General Tony Best
AOJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:54 am 

Ah, Patrick, you've ruined me celebrations, ye have! I was sure I was now a millionaire, and as I had just watched "Waking Ned Divine" again I knew it was a sign from heaven! [:(]

I hadn't noticed the email list, but isn't that great! This site is becoming famous! Tony's collecting a Maj Gen's pension in addition to his minister's stipend, several of us are now millionaires, and all because we joined an ACW gaming club! And our girlfriend's/wives said it was all a waste of time!

Golly! [:o)]

Maj Gen Sean Turner
3rd Cavalry Division, "Yankee Thrasher"
I Corps
Army of Alabama

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:16 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sean Turner</i>
<br />... and as I had just watched "Waking Ned Divine" <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

GREAT MOVIE!!!

<hr noshade size="1">[url="mtdavies@msn.com"]Major Mike Davies[/url]
4/1/XXV
<i><b>"Keystone Brigade"</b></i>
Army of the James
ImageImageImage