American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NEW CSA CoA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:42 pm 
Site Admin

Fellow Members,

I a very pleased to announce that Lieutenant Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory has been elected by the Senior command of the CSA to the position of Chief of the Armies. I wish him the best of luck with his new responsibilities. General Mallory is replacing interim CoA General McBride who has done an outstanding job and CoA General Jim Thomas who recently vacated the post. The current term for the Office is 2 years.

Drinks are on me for the rest of the evening to celebrate.

Best Regards,

General Pierre D.
CSA Reserve Corps
President, ACWGC

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:56 pm 

Congrats Dee Dubya!

Not sure that being in charge of the Lost Cause is a good career move, but I know you'll do well for the <s>victims</s> er Confederate Troops, as well as the club.

Brig. General Gary McClellan
1st Division, XXIII Corps
AoO,USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:56 pm 

Well, as a Union officer, I was hoping for a more incompetent commander after the great leadership that has kept your cause afloat so long. No such luck![:D]

Congrats on your appointment!

The initials of 'Dee Dubya' will make the surrender signings shorter in the end, so a great choice for the Rebels![8D]

Lt. General Jeff Laub
I Corps, Fighting First
Army of the Potomac, USA
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/I_Corps/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:33 pm 

<font size="5"><font color="blue"><font face="Impact">General 'Dee Dubya' Mallory, Suh!<SALUTE></font id="Impact"></font id="blue"></font id="size5"> [^]

Now if someone could just point me in the direction of them free drinks [;)][:p]

<font color="blue"><b>Brig.Gen. R.A.Weir</b></font id="blue">
<font color="yellow">-- CALVERT LINE --</font id="yellow">
<b>First--III--AoA CSA</b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:03 pm 
General Mallory sir,
For the good of the Cause, the mighty Army of the Mississippi sends forth its finest Corps Commander to take charge of the whole Yankee-huntin' expedition! It's been a tremendous privilege to serve with you, and to continue to serve under your inspired leadership. Congratulations to us all on your election, for the strong example set by yourself and by General Chris Cross. [8D]
Big Salute!
GEN Gene Nix, AotM
Boggy Creek Swamp Rats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:15 pm 

SALUTE!

LT. GEN. Tony Malone
III Corps AoA
Crimson Tide
"Do your duty in all things, You can never do more, You should never wish to do less".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:56 pm 

Gentlemen,

Thank you. This is a much better response than I got at my own household. When I announced the news at the dinner table and informed my wife and son that they needed to start calling me "Sir!" and saluting when I entered the room, they just looked at each other then fell on the floor laughing. [:0] About that time the family cat coughed up a hairball, and I knew at least SHE respected me. (She doesn't do that for just ANYONE, you know!)

But please, don't stop drinking on my account. Everyone back to the bar. When General Pierre's tab runs dry at midnight, I'll pick up the rest. Of course, I'll just take a Sasparilla--I'll need to keep a clear head for the next few days, I'm afraid, lest I accidently sign some form incorrectly and acknowledge the existence of the USA [:o)] ! General Bill Peters and I will be over here at the alcohol-free table, but rest assured that my tab is good.

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - Lieutenant General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America
CCC - Corporal, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:31 am 

Congrats David!

<salute>

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:13 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dmallory</i>
<br />Gentlemen,

Thank you. This is a much better response than I got at my own household. When I announced the news at the dinner table and informed my wife and son that they needed to start calling me "Sir!" and saluting when I entered the room, they just looked at each other then fell on the floor laughing. [:0] About that time the family cat coughed up a hairball, and I knew at least SHE respected me. (She doesn't do that for just ANYONE, you know!)

But please, don't stop drinking on my account. Everyone back to the bar. When General Pierre's tab runs dry at midnight, I'll pick up the rest. Of course, I'll just take a Sasparilla--I'll need to keep a clear head for the next few days, I'm afraid, lest I accidently sign some form incorrectly and acknowledge the existence of the USA [:o)] ! General Bill Peters and I will be over here at the alcohol-free table, but rest assured that my tab is good.

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
CCC - Corporal, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sir, I will jine' you in a sasparilly and a congratulatory (commiseratory?) SALUTE! So pass me a bottle... unless there is sweet tea, the way God intended it to be, not the Yankee way without sugar (if we got a blockade runner through with any sugar recently, that is...)

Regards,
Captain Alan Lynn
3rd Battery "Jacksonville Greys"
4th Div, II Corps, AoA
God bless <><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:09 am 

[:)]David
Congrats!!! Now I rekon I`m in REAL trouble in our Gettysburg fight!!

Major General Tony Best
AOJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:01 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tony best</i>
<br />[:)]David
Congrats!!! Now I rekon I`m in REAL trouble in our Gettysburg fight!!

Major General Tony Best
AOJ
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

General Best,

You have no need to fear. I've always been better at paper shuffling than I have at fighting, anyway [:)] !

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:30 am 
WHAT [:0] [?]

General Pierre. Sir did I hear you right? Lieutenant Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory has been elected as C.O.A for the Confederacy [?][?][?][?]

Flippin heck what has it all come to ??????? And for two years you say [xx(] [xx(] [xx(]

General Mallory Sir Congratulations [:D] If ever an officer deserved such a promotion it is you.
I will be proud to serve under your command, in what ever capacity that may be.
Sir I Salute you (For the first time since 11/12/00 [:D])

Gentlemen at this exciting time, I would like to raise a glass and a prayer to Gen Jim Thomas, that whatever has torn him from our midst is not permanent or final.
Gentlemen Gen Jim Thomas

And finally Gentlemen I raise a glass to our new C.O.A Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory "Cheers"

Gen Ian Rousell
Western Theatre
Commanding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:53 am 
It seems like just yestiddy I had a raw recruit I stuck with the nick name "Dee Dubya" at the Academy, and here I am a salootin' the devil hisself! [:D]

You Yanks are finished!

Congratulations!

Lt Gen Bill Braddock, 1/2/III ANV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:32 pm 
Congratulations to Dee Dubya and Chris Cross. The CSA is in the finest of hands. I'd like to take a moment too to acknowledge the support of the CSA's Theater, Army & Corps Commanders during the transition months; likewise Gen. Arnold over at VMI, Gen. Nelms (who shared freely of his experience & excellent advice) and the Club's Cabinet.

Lastly, I want to acknowledge the selfless contributions of Gen. Mark Zapp who, as Chief of Staff to the CoA, went above and beyond the call in keeping the CSA's administration in hand. Mark, you were superb.

Best of luck to all as our Club moves forward.

Gen. Den McBride
ANV, C.S.A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:55 pm 

[8D]"Honor Guard present arms"

Lt Gen Mallory, congratulations sir and well earned. Your name is well known and respected up here north of the Mason-Dixon.

The Rebs are lucky to have you as COA.

This round is on my tab.[:D][^]

Lt. Gen. Ed Blackburn
VIth Corp/AoS
"Where We Lead the Army Follows"