American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:55 pm 

US Major Davis Koziol just reported that the Union have a Major Victory at Brandy Station against CS Lt. Col. Larenzo Brown.

The score is:

<font color="red">CSA 496</font id="red">
<font color="limegreen">USA 904</font id="limegreen">

TOURNAMENT REPORT:

The tournament is running at full speed and I'm very satisfied.
But we have some inevitable problems; some players are unable to return their files and we are now considering them as Missing In Action. We are talking about delays of many MONTHS. If these players can resume their games, GREAT ! it is not too late. But we will have to take action soon or the tournament will be bogged down.

If you have comments, suggestions or ideas, they are always welcome.

Thank you.

Lt. Col. Harold Lajoie 3/2/I/AoM, CSA.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:24 pm 
The games list one reb as MIA yet I see the same reb posting in the smoking room. Does he know he owes those game turns?

MajGen, 2/VIII/AoS
"Beer! It's not just for breakfast anymore!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:15 am 

Rocky Face Ridge: Cavalry Screen is now open at the Opponent Finder section:

This is an Acwco custom scenario for BGC 32-bit.

Varnell.scn / 20 turns / 8 points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:08 pm 

Lt.Col. Lajoie,
Just reporting the game for Fort Donelson Day 2 with Union Col. George Kasnic is over with a Rebel Major Victory. Col. Kasnic is a great opponent. He almost made a break through in the center of my line but was able to get some men in to block the breeches and with the aid of my Napoloen's with cannisters were able to beat them back.
Horay for Dixie.

Lt. Col. Gery Bastiani
Fightin' Carolinians
II/2/4 AotM CSA

"Let us pass over the river and rest under the shade of the trees" -Stonewall Jackson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:00 pm 
Dispatches from the Hatchie River near Davis' Bridge:

Heavy fighting was reported early near Davis Bridge as Union forces launched an all or nothing attack to drive the advancing rebel forces back over Davis bridge. Rifle and cannon were followed by the bayonet and after brisk and tense fighting, the rebels were pushed back, with BG Moore captured and BG Maury wounded. Facing determined Yanks in place defending the bridge, the rebels marched south to Crum's bridge and the race was on.

Union cavalry won the race and fought off reb cavalry until Union guns arrived and brought the bridge under fire. Both Armies arrived in force and heavy fighting contined until well after dark. Many valient waves of Rebel troops attempted the crossing only to be driven back by withering rifle fire. Thier selflessness and bravery in the repeated attempts will be forever written in the Book of Heros. Col Hinkle fought his troops well despite starting from a grim position.

The battle died off at night as both Armies rested. The final outcome is a Union Major Victory after 39 of 43 turns.

Your Humble Servant,

Maj Gen Mark E. Wolken
Cav/XVI AoT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:12 am 

It is my pleasure to announce that US Major General Mark Wolken has received the USA 1st HACW Medal of Merit for his outstanding conduct on the battlefields of Savage Station and Davis Bridge.

Congratulations, Sir !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:29 am 

Chicago Tribune
this cub reporter is writing to you from the battlefield which is already being called Second Bull Run by many of it's participants. After one day of fighting there is a combined casualty count at greater than 25,000 brave souls. The carnage comes on the heals of aggressive Confederate assaults all day long. The Union troops, have been forced to give ground throughout the day with only sunset giving pause to the bloodshed. Both sides have dropped where they fired their last shots to get what little rest they could, with many choosing to dig crude trenchs for shelter rather than sleeping. All signs point towards another heavy day of fighting tommorrow as neither side seems willing to give up the fight just yet.

Major General Don Golen
1st Div/ V Corps/
Army of the Potomac, USA!
"The Bucktails"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:12 am 

After a brief tussle, the rebs have secured the bridges in BGC 7

The rebs win a major victory

Lieutenant General John Corbin
Commanding officer
Army of The James
USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:20 am 

The moral of the Confederates is rising; CS Major General Nick Kunz have received the CSA 1st HACW Medal of Merit for his outstanding conduct at the battles of Beaver Dam Creek and Gaine's Mill.

Congratulations, Sir !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:43 pm 

US MG Michael Dowling and the Union have a minor victory at Champion Hill against the Rebel force under CS Lt. Col. Jeff Conner.

Updated score: <font color="red">CSA 670</font id="red"> <font color="limegreen">USA 958</font id="limegreen">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:43 pm 

Many officers are fighting and doing their best to achieve victory...
The Confederacy will need key victories to redress the situation.

Hehehe, here they comes !!! CSA Major Victory at Malvern Hill, 84 points. CSA Major victory at New Market, 8 points.

The updated score for the 1st HACW is:

<font color="red">CSA: 782</font id="red">
<font color="limegreen">USA: 966</font id="limegreen">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:09 pm 
News from Pennsylvania

Reports are just in, but the ANV and Bobby Lee have been turned back at the small town of Gettysburg. As full light dawned on the field the second day, Gen Lee surveyed the Union positon and decided there would be be bloody work if he threw his brave men against the prepared Union works. After a brief probe to test the strength of the Union right was viciously repulsed with heavy casualties, he surrendered the battlefield to Federal forces.

As he withdrew, he thought back on the chaos caused by rampaging Union cavalry during the fluid fight on day one. The loss of 4 supply trains and over 40 guns was a tactical setback, but the capture of General's Longstreet, Hill and Pender to Union calvary while in a staff meeting was a loss that would hurt the Southern cause's long term efforts. It has been reported that Lee could be heard repeatedly muttering, "Where was my calvery, where was Stuart".

Federal forces fighing on their home ground more than held there own in fire fights and melees the first day.

After 54 turns, the gallent and aggressive Rebel Commander surrendered his sword to me in the 1HACW tournement game "Battle of Gettysburg". Place a MAJVIC for this one in the Union win column.

V/r

MajGen Mark E. Wolken
Cav/XVI AoT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:19 pm 

Major General Mark Wolken, with his brilliant victory at Gettysburg will be considered as one of the great hero of the 1st HACW. His 360 points accumulated for the Union are impressive.

It is my pleasure to announce that General Wolken will receive the USA 1st HACW Veterans Medal for his 100th turn of play in the tournament.

Congratulations, Sir !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:05 pm 

The Battle of Franklin is now open at the Registration topic in the Opponent Finder section.

Hurry up ! There is only a few scenarios remaining !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:15 am 

Major Victory for LG Tony Hill and the Confederacy at Antietam !

Updated score:

<font color="red">CSA 842</font id="red">
<font color="limegreen">USA 1218</font id="limegreen">

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next