American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:52 am 
Don

More great work on your part, thanks again Don - and as long as you have the computer booted up ...

I for one would like to be able to look at any players game history much like one was able to do with Notso's old site. I found it useful to get a sense of what I might be up against in starting (or thinking of starting) a match.

For eg, some time back I checked and found that my then newest opponent had played that particular scenario (one that was totally new to me) something like 20 times with only one loss, so I decided to take it very carefully ...

So if you could do one of them thar drop down list thingies to pull up any members game history it would be real awesome [:D].

<i>hmmm ... I see the Reb Chief of Armies job is open ... wonder if I should apply?</i>

Maj Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:14 am 

General Adams Suh! <Salute!>

My Compliments and Congratulations on your recent promotion to Full General.

Well Done Don!

Excellent work too on these 2 new Reports. I paid 'em a visit and a thought crossed my mind . . . a Rare thing to happen these days! [:D]

Whilst You designed these Reports with a mind to keeping the Army members abreast of any vacancies arising within either Army, it struck me that it would be a useful tool for Division Commanders and Upwards, to have - when assisting their Brigade Commanders in tracking down Errant or Missing Opponents. {This <i>is</i> s'posed to be done thru' "Official" Chain of Command channels - in the Final Stages of claiming a Match due to the other side vanishing.)

This is just one of many instances I can think of, where a quick reference point to Commanding Officers would be helpful. Tourneys,complaints,addresses lost due to Comp meltdowns etc . . . .

Would it be possible to amend the Report - as is - to display each Officers e-mail address along with their name and Nomenclature?

Many Thanks Don.

Pat.

Colonel Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Commanding
II Corps,
Army of Georgia.
"Spartan Southrons"
C.S.A.

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:07 pm 

WOW! 2 good suggestions, one from a REB and another from a UNION man. Don is away for a few days, so he isn't around to give a YEA or NAY to the suggestions.

However, if the game thingy (I love when I get technical) can't be done, you can use the ALL game report. It does take some time to generate the GAMES report, as the query polls (another TECHNICAL JARGON) the database for each record to extract the appropriate data. Then you can scroll the report to see data on any member.[8][:p]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
LtGen, CO XXIII Corps, AoO
ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:18 pm 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ernie Sands</i>
<br /> ... you can use the ALL game report <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Trouble is I am on dial up, and as Don notes on the site I may well have finisehd the campaign before the report has finished loading. I suspect I am not alone in this ....

3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:09 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by greenFyre</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ernie Sands</i>
<br /> ... you can use the ALL game report <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Trouble is I am on dial up, and as Don notes on the site I may well have finisehd the campaign before the report has finished loading. I suspect I am not alone in this ....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Very true. We'll have to wait for Don to get back. I am sure he can come up with a solution, if it is possible. Don has been open to suggestions and this seems like a reasonable situation.

There is another possible help and that is the MASTER LIST of GAMES at
http://www.geocities.com/angienelms1/index.html?1028170847310
I don't know when it was last updated, but it would be fairly current and a quick download on dialup. Then you can either load up EXCEL and sort any way you want or if you do not have EXCEL, download an EXCEL viewer from MS and you can look at any member you want to.

ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:51 pm 
Ernie

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ernie Sands</i>
<br />I don't know when it was last updated<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

When I last checked a few months ago it was still June 2004 ...

3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:58 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by greenFyre</i>
<br />

<i>hmmm ... I see the Reb Chief of Armies job is open ... wonder if I should apply?</i>

Maj Gen Mike Kaulbars [img]

General Kaulbars,

I can assure you I'm still here. The problem is, when I went in and updated my rank I disappeared from the CSA Command Staff page. :-(

Don may have said something about some 'hard-coding', and I may have confused the system when I changed my rank. I sent him a note but he had apparently already left. (Promote a guy and he disappears -- that's the thanks I get. See if I ever promote HIM again [:o)] ! Wait, he's already at the top rank. Oh, well.)

Looks as if the CSA top spot will have to remain 'unfilled' for a few days. In the meantime, just think of it as your Pinkerton men letting you down <i><b>again</b></i>!

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:23 pm 

The Master List was last updated through 8/2004, but it still is a good tool for those on dialup. You can use that file AND do a report on the new system for 8/01/2004 to06/30/05 and it takes much, much less time than a full report.[;)]

ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:48 am 

Ho w is this report generated ?

The one for the AoJ is wrong

Major General John Corbin
Commanding officer
XXV Corps "The Glory Seekers"
Army of The James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:46 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by John Corbin</i>
<br />Ho w is this report generated ?

The one for the AoJ is wrong

Major General John Corbin
Commanding officer
XXV Corps "The Glory Seekers"
Army of The James

Email your Army commander so he can make the appropriate changes.

ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:18 pm 

Last edited by dradams2 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:47 am 

Thanks, Don. Your work is appreciated.
Jim Gleason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:52 am 
Don,

I really like the data, but there are a couple of things I was wondering.

Is it possible to produce a report of OBD for JUST a single Army/ Corps/Division? As it seems right now, it is all of CSA/USA or nothing.

Second, is it possible for me as an AC to look at just one individuals ODB Report (other than my own). I may be missing somethig, but right now, the pull down bar will only give me my own.

Lastly, are there factors affecting how quickly the reports download? for example, I am on a T-5 connection at the moment, and I am working on 15 minutes for the CSA OBD Summary Report. Is that normal, or ais it possible that I am locked ina bit loop somewhere?

BG(SS) Dave Bowman
ANV(TAD)

<center>Image</center>