American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Shiloh Campaigns
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:09 am 
Does anyone know where descriptions of the various Shiloh Campaigns can be found ?
Campaign Shiloh (Full) is so heavily pro CSA at Belmont that it's only a 2 battle campaign [:(]

I'm thinking there has to be a playable campaign somewhere on this disk <??>

<font color="gold">Lt. Gen. Ken Counselman
XVIII Corps / AoJ</font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:49 am 

I have been searching for a description in vain as well, Ken. Should be in the design notes, but isn't.

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
AoS

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:48 pm 

Don't know about the descriptions but I'm playing the historical Shiloh campaign, suffered a minor defeat at Belmont and won a major victory at Fort Henry, on to Donelson next.

Lt.Gen.Ken Miller
Veteran's Divsion
VIII / AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:13 pm 

Hi,

Well, I guess I forgot to give a good description of the different campaign files in the campaign notes.

In Short, they should be pretty self explanatory.

<b>Campaign Shiloh (Full)</b> - Covers all the major battle maps covered in the game. There are multiple options for each branch, beginning with a short stop at Belmont, and progressing through to larger battles like Shiloh, Nashville, and Franfort. Anything is possible. Most branches have at least two or three choices.

<b>Campaign Shiloh (Alternative) </b>Here is the note located at the bottom of the campaign introduction: <i>(NOTE: This "Alternate" campaign is a simplified version of the "Full" campaign. Each player will only have one option. These scenarios have been picked to provide the most well balanced games available.)</i>

<b>Historical Campaign</b> This campaign ONLY includes the historical branches of the Shiloh Full file. No "what if's" are available. It starts with Belmont and ends with Shiloh!

<b>Fort Henry and Fort Donelson Campaign</b> This file is an extended campaign that covers these two very important but little known battles. The Fort Donelson portion will cover all 3 days of the siege.

<b>Mill Springs Campaign</b> This file is an extended campaign that covers the Mill Springs theater. Large battles are possible along with the historic minor engagement. Threr is a large map that can invite many possibilites.

<b>New Madrid Campaign</b> Again, this is an entended version of the New Madrid battle, with some large and small possibilites.

These varied campaign files are intended to offer something for everyone. If you want to just play the Historical, you can. If you want to just play some of the different battles in greater detail, you can. You you like many different types of "what if" situations, you can try to capture Cario, Illinois!

I hope this clears up some confusion.

Thanks,
Rich W.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ken Counselman</i>
<br />Does anyone know where descriptions of the various Shiloh Campaigns can be found ?
Campaign Shiloh (Full) is so heavily pro CSA at Belmont that it's only a 2 battle campaign [:(]

I'm thinking there has to be a playable campaign somewhere on this disk <??>

<font color="gold">Lt. Gen. Ken Counselman
XVIII Corps / AoJ</font id="gold">

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">