American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:30 am 

Lots of looking going on so I'd figure I'd do some too. Get those drinks in on me and the III Corps, oh Tony Hill and Den McBride are paying...[:D][:p][}:)]

Don Adams and Dusty Arnold are the bartenders...[:D][;)]

Were raiding DW's cabinet and Dave Bowman's secret stash of moonshine....General Huels don't drink it all.

Hey Nick Kunz maybe you guys at the VMI can raid Laub and the AoP for us...[:D][:p]

Hope everyone has a good holiday season!!

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Brigadier General Scott Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, III Corps
Army of Northern Virginia
"The Army Commissary"
Retried ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

I am loath to close. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1st Inaugural Address
</center>

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:11 am 

Gentlemen,

Methinks General Ludwig has been partaking of the holiday eggnog a bit early [:D] !

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:39 am 
<i>Methinks General Ludwig has been partaking of the holiday eggnog a bit early!</i>

Drinking? In my Army? Without inviting me? Absolutely does not happen.

MG(SS) Dave! Bowman
COMCSAANVANV(TAD)
ANV 3rd Corps
"The Swamp Legion"

<center>Image</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:48 am 
Gen. Ludwig,

With Don and Dusty behind the bar you'll not have to worry about who's paying for the drinks, but rather who paid for the initial supply. A moot point actually because this is Union hootch... the frou-frou, fancy-pants stuff their Army Commanders reserve for just before battle. Tony sends his regards from floor level, where I shall shortly be joining him.

Gen. Den McBride
ANV, C.S.A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:00 am 

Me thinks General Ludwig is buckling under the schoolwork he has to do.... [:P]

Sorry General Bowman...I forgot to tell you...I will have to parlay a letter to you next time.

Now General McBride...I am not worried about where it came from as long as it does not taste like turpentine...you know the stuff that DW sends us for Christmas...what's that DW "Mississippi River Special??" [:P] I am sure Don and Dusty will be generous with their portions....now I know its good stuff...Larry Quick drinks it out of Laubs personal stash. [:P][:)] I am glad to see Tony has found his old place in the Corps again...I trust Den you will enjoy the fact that we have carpet in the tavern now over dirt floor...albeit it it needs to be cleaned.

Now drink up boys...but remember the ANV III Corps meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous will meet tomorrow with those yanks and the good Reverend McClellan is gonna scare us all dry!! (Yeah ain't happenin) So we can drink tonight...but remember that we don't know anyone tomorrow and I was at home with the wife last night.

What's that now?? Oh no Dave has ordered the Army to go dry!!!!
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Oh good! It just new socks were getting!! Which I will create a new post later this week I thought of on the topic while lounging around this morning.

BTW, I expect all of you boys to look sharp for company inspection tomorrow cause I don't think I'm gonna turn out for it...soooo...I need to find a Corps Adjutant!!

I'm gonna love my new Corps Command...cause now I have time to write crazy stories such as these like I did months back in the ANV tavern and such....haha. [:)][:P] I'm trying to earn my new nickname I gave myself the "The Army Commissary", well cause I always enjoyed doing this goffy stuff above all rest.

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Army Commissary"

I am loath to close. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:37 pm 

HAHA!! Larry...[:D] I see ol' Don is still around. Tell General Moose to drop them off under the tree with the lamp on it...[:)]

"The Army Commissary"

</center>