American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:07 pm 
Gentlemen,
After having commenced terminal leave in July, and having finally retired from the US Navy in November, I have recently settled my family in Knoxville, Tennessee, and have commenced a new career as a high school NJROTC instructor. Treated myself to a new computer, as the old beast is still in storage with most of our belongings, and we will move again locally upon buying a place.

I shall contact old foes to resume battles that had been suspended, and will resume contacts and reports with the chain of command.

Incidentally, anyone out there in or from Knoxville and environs? How about schoolteachers? Would love to hear from you, make contact, and compare professional notes.

Best wishes &
Salute!
GEN Gene Nix, 1/1/II/AotM
Boggy Creek Swamp Rats

Lieutenant Commander, US Navy (Retired)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:32 pm 

Hey General Nix,
Welcome to retired Navy ranks. Been retired from the Seabees going on nine years in May. Gone by so fast it's hard to believe that I've been out this long. Still get a kick out of giving the JarHeads a hard time when I go up to Camp Lejeune and shop at the commissary. Anyway good luck on your new career. When I retired from the Navy, my dad told me that now I had to work for a living LOL

Respectfully,

Lt. Col. Gery Bastiani
Fightin' Carolinians
II/2/4 AotM

"Let us pass over the river and rest under the shade of the trees" -Stonewall Jackson

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:25 pm 

I love Knoxville. I went to UT there and worked in Knoxville for a year or two later on but that was a century or two ago. My best friend was born and raised there, retired from UT, and was a school teacher there for a short while. The wife and I still spend some vacation time almost every year in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. Beautiful country! You're a lucky stiff to be there, but beware of the constant highway construction and those young vivacious college girls.

Welcome to the ranks of the military retired. I took that step in 1989 and I'm still working to support the Army. It's gonna seem strange for a long time to do the same job in the same place for a long time. The moving bug will hit ya - hard in about 3 years or so.

Brig Gen Ned Simms
VI/AoS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:57 pm 

You are still a SWABBIE![:D]

Congratulations on your retirement. It must be culture shock to have to move from Hawaii to Tennessee!

Make sure you don't brainwash those ROTC members. Just steer them to the Marine Corps and they will really appreciate it.<g>

I have been retired now for 26 years and just retired again, 2 years ago. I don't plan on retiring from retirement, but did have to find someting to do with me time.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:40 am 

General Nix,

My Dad was career Air Force and always said that branch was the best one for families (in his opinion). He said the other branches paid better (?), but at least with the Air Force his 'career' was basically an 8-to-5 job most of the time (okay, those weren't the exact hours typically, but at least he slept at home most of the time [:)]!).

Anyway, I never had the pleasure of military service myself, but I keep thinking that if I had gone that route after college I could have retired seven years ago. [:(] On the other hand, I've never known anyone who 'retired' from the military without going on to a second career, so maybe things aren't really that different after all.

In any case, my thanks to you for serving your country and for keeping things safe for me and mine, and my congratulations on your retirement and second career. And welcome back to the active ranks in the club!

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:01 am 

Welcome back General. I am not to near Knoxville, I am over here in Clarksville TN. Just North of Nashville, attending Austain Peay State University, trying to earn my degree in order to teach High School History. Hopefully I can eventualy take advantage of a new masters program here, the only one in TN. MILITARY HISTORY. Any way. you have come back at a time of reorganization of sorts, but you are a welcome return for sure. SALUTE!

GEN. Tony Malone
Commander Army of Mississippi
"Do your duty in all things, You can never do more, You should never wish to do less".