American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:26 pm 

I want to express my thanks to Nick Kunz and Larry "pretty damn" Quick, and Larry's son John and his friend Travis for a great day at Gettysburg this past Saturday, March 4th.

Weather you are Yankee Blue or Rebel Gray, we all share the passion of the war and yes....GAMING! Many of us probably do not know what it's like to spend a day talking face to face with someone about our GAMING! It's almost better than sex......I have just experienced this for the first time and it was awesome....that's Gaming talk I'm referring too!!!!!

I can only say you if you enjoy our GAMING, just reach out to someone, email one another, meet somewhere, the rewards are endless....

Colonel R.E.Daley
1st Corps of the ANV
3rd Calvary Divsion,
3rd Brigade
"We are the Midnight Riders"

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:01 pm 
Salute to your visit. I live about 1.3 hour east of there. Haven't had a day off in two weeks or I would've tried to join you guys. Hope you stopped at Pickett's Buffet for an all you can eat seven buck lunch... BvB/scott

MajGen, 2/VIII/AoS
"Beer! It's not just for breakfast anymore!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:58 am 

Hi Scott,

I wish you could of joined us....There will be a next time.....

We really wanted to "get the feel" during our tour of the battlefield so for lunch we had some water crest which we found at the foot of Little Round Top......

Colonel R.E.Daley
1st Corps of the ANV
3rd Calvary Divsion,
3rd Brigade
"We are the Midnight Riders"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:55 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Andale Mono"><font color="pink">Not much more to add to what my fellow travelers have already said. I can't think of a better way to see a battlefield than with a couple of nutty people like yourself. The battlefield comes alive when walking and talking about it. I might add that the two young men with us (Larry's son John and friend Travis), were a joy to have along![:D]

I will say this, if you are planning a battlefield trip, announce it ahead of time so that others in the Club might be able to make the trip with you. I just missed (General) <b>Dustin Arnold</b>'s (CSA) email to me on the day I left for DC, otherwise he might have been with us too! As it was, we were able to meet and have a beer with our dinner. Thanks Dusty, I enjoyed it!

Just for seed, I will be back in DC next year at the same time and am thinking that a great day trip would be visiting the Peninsula battlefields. Keep it in mind.[:p]

Regards,

</font id="pink"></font id="Andale Mono">

<font color="pink">Nick Kunz
[img]C:\FrontPage%20Webs\Content\library\vol_1\v1p2_files\CsaGenStaffB.gif[/img]
Lieutenant General
Commandant, VMI
Confederate States of America</font id="pink">
[img]C:\FrontPage%20Webs\Content\AoA\Images\Flags\starsnbars_clr.gif[/img]