American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:15 pm 

Fellow ACWCG members, I am downsizing my book collection and at the same time saving money for my next ACW game purchase. These books have been kept in good condition and there is no writing or highlighting in them. If there are flaws with the books I have tried to list them. Usually the difference between Good and Very Good refers to the condition of the dust jacket.

I am asking $10 for the books listed as Good and $12.50 for VG books, multiple book sets are discounted . I can supply photos of any book. Postage from Canada is about $10 per book depending on where you live in the USA. These costs go down quite a bit if you purchase multiple books.

Enquiries are most welcome and nothing is written in stone regarding pricies, so please contact Bob McRae at sammescalito@gmail.com

Confederate Goliath: The Battle for Fort Fisher by Rod Gragg ‐ 343 pp - HC/DJ ‐ VG

George B. McClelland: The Young Napoleon by Stephen Sears ‐ 482 pp ‐ HC/DJ ‐ VG

The Battle of Belmont: Grant Strikes South by Nathaniel Hughes, Jr. ‐ 310 pp - HC/DJ ‐ VG

In the Bloody Railroad Cut at Gettysburg by L. Herdegen & W Beaudot ‐ 389 pp - HC/DJ ‐ VG

From Manassas to Appomattox by General James Longstreet, CSA ‐ 690 pp - HC/DJ ‐ VG (with
very minor warpage to bottom corner)

Nathan Bedford Forrest ‐ First With the Most by Robert Henry ‐ 558 pp - HC/DJ ‐ VG

The Gettysburg Campaign: A Study in Command by Edwin Coddington ‐ 866 pp - HC/DJ ‐ VG

Chickamauga: Bloody Battle in the West by Glenn Tucker - 448 pp - HC - Good (one corner slightly bent)

Chickamauga: Bloody Battle in the West by Glenn Tucker - 448 pp SC - Good

Lee and Longstreet at Gettysburg by Glenn Tucker - 286 pp - HC/DJ - Good (frayed DJ)

Landscape Turned Red by Stephen Sears - 431 pp - HC/DJ - Good (DJ is frayed & has major crease on front)

The Seven Days: The Emergence of Lee by Clifford Dowdney - 380 pp - SC - VG

The Battle of New Market by William C. Davis - 242 pp - HC/DJ - Good (Yellowing on spine of DJ)

Lincoln and His Generals by Harry Williams - 363 pp - HC/DJ - Good (DJ is frayed and has yellowing on spine)

The War Between the Union and the Confederacy by Col. William C. Oates, 15th Ala (memoirs of officer who led attack against 20th Maine at Little Round Top) - 808 pp - HC - VG (very minor stain on top)

The Orphan Brigade:The Kentucky Confederates Who Couldn't Go Home by William C. Davis - 318 pp - HC/DJ - VG (slight fraying of DJ)

Stonewall in the Valley: Jackson's Shenandoah Valley Campaign Spring, 1862 by Robert Tanner - 436 pp - HC/DJ - VG (DJ slightly frayed)

Pickett's Charge by George Stewart - 354 pp - HC/DJ VG

Five Tragic Hours: The Battle of Franklin by James McDonough and Thomas Connelly - 217 pp - HC/DJ - VG

The 20th Maine: A Volunteer Regiment in the Civil War by John Pullen - 338 pp - HC/DJ - VG (some yellowing of spine of DJ)

The Final Fortress: The Campaign for Vicksburg 1862-1863 by Samuel Carter III - 354 pp - HC/DJ - VG

General A.P. Hill: The Story of a Confederate Warrior by James Robertson, Jr. - 382 pp - HD/DJ - VG

Fighting for the Confederacy - The Personal Recollections of Gen Edward Porter Alexander - 664 pp HC/DJ - VG (some fraying of DJ)

Confederate Cavalry West of the River by Stephen Oates - 234 pp SC - Good (some water damage to top of book)

Forts Henry and Donelson: The Key to the Confederate Heartland by Benjamin Cooling - 354 pp - HC/DJ - VG

The Blue and the Gray by Henry Stelle Commager - 1201 pp - HC/DJ - Good (small stain and water damage to top of book)

Decision in the West: The Atlanta Campaign of 1864 by Albert Castel

The Civil War in the American West by Alvin Josephy, Jr - 448 pp - HC/DJ - VG

How the North Won by Hermann Hattaway and Archer Jones - 762 pp - HC/DJ - Good (some water damage)

Why the South Lost the Civil War by H. Hattaway, A. Jones, R. Berringer, W. Still, Jr. - 582 pp - HC/DJ - VG

Gettysburg: The Second Day by Harry Pfanz - 601 pp - HC/DJ - VG

Stones River by James Lee McDonough - 271 pp - HC/DJ - VG

If it Takes all Summer: The Battle of Spotsylvania by William Matter - 455 pp - HC/DJ - VG

With My Face to the Enemy: Perspectives on the Civil War, Edited by Robert Cowley - 522 pp - HC/DJ - VJ (a few small stains on outside)

Lee's Tarnished Lieutenant: James Longstreet and His Place in Southern History by William Piston - 252 pp - HC/DJ - VG

Reconstruction 1863-1877: America's Unfinished Revolution by Eric Foner - 690 pp - HC/DJ - VG (DJ slightly torn)

Lee's Lieutenants Vol 1-3 by Douglas S. Freeman - 2400 pp - HC/DJ - VG - DJ slightly torn

Abraham Lincoln: The War Years Vol 1-4 by Carl Sandburg - 2503 pp - HC - VG

Abraham Lincoln: The Prairie Years and the War Years by Carl Sandburg - 762 pp - VG

Mine Eyes have seen the Glory: The Civil War in Art by H. Holzer and M. Neely Jr. - 336 pp HC/DJ - VG

The Civil War: An Aerial Portrait by S. Abell and B. Pohanka - 143 pp - HC/DJ - VG

The Civil War (National Geographic Society) by Robert Jordan - 215 pp - HC/DJ - VG

Profile Send private message