American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:12 pm 

Gentlemen,

All the way from the very deep South (Australia), Cadet Monash is reporting for duty.

Looking forward to getting involved and some fun competition.

Cheers,

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:46 pm 

Cadet Monash,

You are most welcome Sir. You arrive at an opportune time too I might add, as you will have completed your training at the VMI and ready to take to the field and be involved in all the good stuff coming in the New Year, 2023 Tournament Challenge etc. Check it out at the ACWGC and also the many articles in the War Library, highly recommended reading with a glass of whatever takes your fancy at the end of an arduous day on the training ground.

Being from the deepest South and the wilds of Oz makes you a perfect candidate I propose for a command in the Army of Tennessee, where the real 'fightin' men hail from, hard livin, hard drinkin, hard fightin and hardest dyin in all the CSA.

Army of Tennessee

Make my enemy brave and strong, so that if defeated, I will not be ashamed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:50 pm 

I'm not sure that a fellow compatriot of mine would want to be corrupted by some of those in the west. He may even choose to join me in the First Corps of the glorious Army of Northern Virginia once he has graduated.

First Corps
Army of Northern Virginia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:29 am 

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm very much enjoying my first few days at the campus. I'm looking forward to meeting you all on the field!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:24 pm 

Quaama wrote:
I'm not sure that a fellow compatriot of mine would want to be corrupted by some of those in the west. He may even choose to join me in the First Corps of the glorious Army of Northern Virginia once he has graduated.

General Swanson <salute>

It is Sir, a good question. Would your compatriot, Cadet Monash, wish to engage in the finery and frippery of the glorious Army of Northern Virginia, the Washington Balls circuit, the queues of debutantes and their mom's not to mention the endless Generals reviews. By comparison, I respectfully suggest those of the 'West' to which you referred, fine true Southern Gentlemen to a man I might add, will indeed corrupt him, by teaching him the field skills necessary to stay alive and fight the Yankee to the last. This will not happen on the fancy parade grounds of Virginia or Washington, but in the snake and gator infested terrain where he will learn his true skills as an Officer of the glorious Army of Tennessee.

<Salute> Sir,

Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:25 pm 

Cadet Monash and I are currently fighting in a small scenario for his VMI Training. Unlike my VMI training battle he has not erred in setting up the game or registering it in the DoR. Once these basics have been mastered then it is just a matter of improving your game like the rest of us which I am sure he can achieve.

There's not a great deal of parade work in the ANV let alone the First Corps. We prefer the challenge of battle as shown in this year's Total War Challenge. At the end of last month, the CSA had achieved 269 victories, First Corps has been responsible for 110 (over 40%) of them. As for the inevitable losses in battle the CSA has accrued 130, First Corps has only been responsible for 25 (less then 20%) of them. A generous 2:1 win/loss for the CSA; an even better win/loss for the First Corps nearing 4:1.

Hopefully you and others from the West can venture east next year for some interesting tournaments; Gettysburg revised [I already have an opponent lined up] and several in the Shenandoah [a personal favourite of mine where I have achieved quite a few victories in what are usually balanced and interesting battles].

First Corps
Army of Northern Virginia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:09 pm 

Cadet Monash,

I must observe that being under the tutelage of the General Swanson for your VMI training will stand you in good stead in the future, whether you fight with the ANV or AoT. Heed his counsel closely and observe his maneuvers carefully and you will be well fortified for the battles ahead.

Good luck with your training and may fortune smile upon you.

Army of Tennessee

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]