Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:57 pm 

Hi all!

New recruit here, so I have no signature yet (wake up Chuck Jensen!).

Anyway, have just dusted my old Battleground Series off, and would like to engage in a PBEM bloodbath. Open for any scenario and side.

Cheers,

Ole

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:17 am 

Perhaps you could use a more sensitive nickname. America is seeing too many "bodybags" these days. [?]

FM Sir 'Muddy' Jones, KG
2nd Life Guards, Household Cavalry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:18 am 

Cadet

You are assigned to the Ecole Speciale Imperiale Militaire and your rank is Cadet

<center>Image
[img]</center>
<center>Monsieur le Marechal Baron John Corbin
Commanding L'Armee du Rhin
Duc de Paive
Commanding the Division de Cavalerie de la Jeune Garde
NWC President</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:08 am 

Thankyou Monsieur le Marechal Baron John Corbin

I do have "Waterloo" and "Prelude to Waterloo" so a PBEM-game with any of those could also be an option.

Muddy: I have had that nickname for years for wargaming, so I'm not gonna change it to be PC - sorry.

Cheers,

Cadet Ole Nielsen
Ecole Speciale Imperiale Militaire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:03 am 

My dear Cadet

Please, you must wait for the end of your training before to propose a game here. The decision is from General Fuller (the officer who train you). Until you are not graduate by school, you can't post a challenge here.

I must say also that I have some difficulties to understand your "wake up Chuck Jensen!". May be some humour ? However I would like to say :
First, speak of General Jensen, it's better I think.
Second, you posted your recruitment form on 20/02 at 18h26 (french hour), you were assign to Armée du Nord on 20/02 at 23h57, and general Jensen give you an officer for training on 21/02 at 2hours. Then you waited for not too long I think.

Now as I said in my first message my tent is open for you in case of questions or critics or for anything else. Take note that we have all works (you were lucky because last week I was away and the one who wants to join waited for three days to have an answer)

However I like your enthusiasm but you must be more patient in the future. Rules are the rules.

Regards

General Lamezec
Prince et Comte de Davout
French CIC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:20 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BodyBag</i>
<br />Thankyou Monsieur le Marechal Baron John Corbin

I do have "Waterloo" and "Prelude to Waterloo" so a PBEM-game with any of those could also be an option.

Muddy: I have had that nickname for years for wargaming, so I'm not gonna change it to be PC - sorry.

Cheers,

Cadet Ole Nielsen
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ole...

While the nickname may be to your liking it is important to realize that there past and current members of various armed forces who may find the name somewhat distressing.....

I would ask that you please consider a more friendly nickname....

<center>Image
[img]</center>
<center>Monsieur le Marechal Baron John Corbin
Commanding L'Armee du Rhin
Duc de Paive
Commanding the Division de Cavalerie de la Jeune Garde
NWC President</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:06 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Yann Lamezec</i>
<br />My dear Cadet

Please, you must wait for the end of your training before to propose a game here. The decision is from General Fuller (the officer who train you). Until you are not graduate by school, you can't post a challenge here.

I must say also that I have some difficulties to understand your "wake up Chuck Jensen!". May be some humour ? However I would like to say :
First, speak of General Jensen, it's better I think.
Second, you posted your recruitment form on 20/02 at 18h26 (french hour), you were assign to Armée du Nord on 20/02 at 23h57, and general Jensen give you an officer for training on 21/02 at 2hours. Then you waited for not too long I think.

Now as I said in my first message my tent is open for you in case of questions or critics or for anything else. Take note that we have all works (you were lucky because last week I was away and the one who wants to join waited for three days to have an answer)

However I like your enthusiasm but you must be more patient in the future. Rules are the rules.

Regards

General Lamezec
French CIC

OK, fair enough.

I was just eager to get started to play because I havent played these Talonsoft games in almost 10 years. I had no knowledge about your training rules (the website is not that easy to navigate through first time [:)])

So I wait for further instructions.

Cadet Ole Nielsen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:12 am 

Cadet Nielsen is a very brave young man [:)] French Army needs more such officers [:D][;)]

<b>general-feldmarshal Eugene Gulyaev
RA Chief of Staff
Leib-Gvardii Semenovskij Polk
Club Secretary
</b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:30 am 

Of course, Jeka, Cadet Nielsen is a very brave young man. French Army needs him. By the way he don't join the green uniformes of Russia.[:D] It's an excellent thing I think [:p] You can cry my good friend [:(]

I understand your point of view, Ole and I will do my best to make that the thing will go quicker for you. I contact you today.

Regards

Yann
(General Lamezec
French CIC)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:35 am 

Yann!
Russian army has many such young and brave officers, that is why it is the strongest army in the Club! [:p]

RA Chief of Staff
Club Secretary
</b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:04 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Yann Lamezec</i>
<br />Of course, Jeka, Cadet Nielsen is a very brave young man. French Army needs him. By the way he don't join the green uniformes of Russia.[:D] It's an excellent thing I think [:p] You can cry my good friend [:(]

I understand your point of view, Ole and I will do my best to make that the thing will go quicker for you. I contact you today.

Regards

Yann
(General Lamezec
French CIC)

Thanks for the support general-feldmarshal Eugene Gulyaev & Yann (General Lamezec Prince et Comte de Davout French CIC)

Training should be a breeze, - in my last command (almost 10 years ago in another Wargaming Club) I rose to Colonel fast after Major Victories on the battlefields of Borodino & Waterloo (never lost).

Looking forward to see you on the battlefield.

Vive L'Empereur!

Cadet Ole Nielsen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:12 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Looking forward to see you on the battlefield.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'll be glad to meet you on the battlefield of Borodino (NIR) after you finish yopur training! Just send your courier to my camp!

RA Chief of Staff
Club Secretary
</b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:28 am 

Maybe we meet at Borodino Jeka? [8D]

<center><font color="orange"><h4> Marechal Zbyszek Pietras
1er Regiment de Chasseurs a Cheval, Vieille Garde
16th Division V Corps Armee du Rhin</font id="orange">
<font color="orange">Duc de Danzig, Comte de Bourges</font id="orange"></h4></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:50 pm 

Cadet Nielson,

I have sent you a courier after a slight mix-up in the general staff. It seems the dispatch riders once again stayed a little to long at the Tavern. When he arrived I sent him to lead a small charge against the Russian Imperal Guard Brigade dugin behind some 12lb Licornes.

Please respond with your first turn of De'Erlons Assault, Select your choice of optional rules EXCEPT line movement restriction and we will be off.

As for you moniker, I have no trouble with it as an ex-Buff pilot who sent his share of the Taliban to hell.

Vive Le Emperor!

General de Division Doug Fuller
Duc de Montmorail et Comte de Hainaut
2e' Grenadiers a' Pied de la Vielle Garde
I Corp Commander
AdN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:56 pm 

"sent his share of the Taliban to hell"

-God, please no mercy on their souls.
Amen.

Major Alexey Tartyshev