Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:15 pm 

Officers of the Grande Armée,
France is in need of more Training Officers as it can not match the speed of new French cadets joining with its current output of trained officers.

Attached is a Trainer Protocol that lists points that need to be covered in such a proper training, beware that it's only for the Napoleonic Battles series as other games are very seldom played in the club.
Training would be split into a Mandatory Training with 2 phases, and an Optional Advanced Training that the new cadets can take but are not required to do so. The mandatory part will prepare the cadet in phase 1 for gaming and will prove if he is able to handle the Napoleonic Battles game engine, and in phase 2 club matters will be handled. The mandatory part covers only the most essential things to get along in the club & on the battlefield. The optional advanced part would expand gaming & club matters further to prepare the cadet even better for the combat in the field and the matters in the club.

Officers who volunteer as Training Officers are rewarded for training games with 0,5 OBD points(same as in a maneuver) & 0,5 AP per turn played. AP are Administrative Points and will yield awards from the Légion d’honneur series, these in return will also give additional AP. In addition the successful accomplishment of the cadet's training on the Mandatory level will yield 5 AP, and on the Optional Advanced level 8 AP, these in return will also give additional AP. Last but not least are awards from the L’École Spéciale Impériale Militaire for training a certain amount of cadets, these again give additional AP.

So if you feel able & willing to train cadets along the lines of the Trainer Protocol post here or contact me by mail or PM.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:52 am 

I probably need training myself, but if you really need someone...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:38 am 

Garret Fitzgerald wrote:
I probably need training myself, but if you really need someone...

Well You played a lot and seem to have a good win:loss ratio(at least a lot better than others :-)).
So if you think you can at least basically cover the points I listed in the attached file in the first post I would be happy make you a training officer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:22 pm 

Hello
I offer myself as an instruction officer for the velites.
Regards
Gabriel Rodríguez
Sous-Lieutenant
3ème Compagnie du 2ème Régiment d'Artillerie à Cheval(Demi-Batterie),
Artillerie Divisionnaire, 3ème Division de Dragons, Réserve de Cavalerie,
La Grande Armée

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:00 am 

Mi offro come allievo della Grande Armèè, siccome un mio obbiettivo è cambiare reggimento nei "Tilallieur du po" dell' esercito francese. Ho bisogno di qualche ripasso, soprattutto nella versione 40.2 di Waterloo, e mi sono avvicinato a casa come reggimento. Vorrei quindi combattere fianco a fianco di chi parla almeno un po la mia lingua. Se tutto ciò è possibile ne sarei eternamente grato agli ufficiali del caso. <SALUTE>
Ciao Garret.

I offer myself as a student of the Grande Armè, as one of my goals is to change regiment to the "Tilallieur du po" of the French Army. I need some revision, especially in the 40.2 version of Waterloo, and I approached home as a regiment. I would therefore like to fight side by side with those who speak at least a little of my language. If this is possible I would be eternally grateful to the appropriate officers. <SALUTE>
Hi Garret.

3ème Brigade
3ème Division d'Infanterie
4ème Corps d'Armée

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:22 am 

Hello Gian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:37 am 

Gian Luca Giorgi wrote:
I offer myself as a student of the Grande Armè, as one of my goals is to change regiment to the "Tilallieur du po" of the French Army. I need some revision, especially in the 40.2 version of Waterloo, and I approached home as a regiment. I would therefore like to fight side by side with those who speak at least a little of my language. If this is possible I would be eternally grateful to the appropriate officers. <SALUTE>
Hi Garret.

Do I understand you correctly that you want to switch to the French side?
If so please first contact Scott Ludwig, Chief of Staff of the Allied Coalition, he will then connect me and we will handle the transfer.
I recommend to not switch over with your current records but suspend it and start a new one on the French side.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:13 am 

Christian Hecht wrote:
Gian Luca Giorgi wrote:
Hi Garret.

Do I understand you correctly that you want to switch to the French side?
If so please first contact Scott Ludwig, Chief of Staff of the Allied Coalition, he will then connect me and we will handle the transfer.
I recommend to not switch over with your current records but suspend it and start a new one on the French side.

Naturalmente, anzi credo di avere gia contattato l'ufficiale di riferimento. Nel qual caso lo farò tempestivamente. Certo che questa manovra la farei se ci sono tutte le possibilità per farlo senza creare disagi all'organizzazione stessa.

Of course, indeed I think I have already contacted the officer of record. In which case I will do so promptly. Of course this maneuver I would do it if there is every possibility to do it without inconveniencing the organization itself.

3ème Brigade
4ème Corps d'Armée

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:22 pm 

Got your PM.
I'm a bit unsure about your change because if you expect to be trained right away, then I'm afraid I have to tell you that you have to wait a long long time.
We still work off new French members that joined us in the 4th quarter of 2020. So there are many many more that come before you.
It was just way too many that joined the French for the few trainers I had back then, even this volunteer call although giving me some more trainers will not help to work the waiting members off quickly.
Sorry to disappoint you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:39 pm 

Christian Hecht wrote:
Got your PM.
I'm a bit unsure about your change because if you expect to be trained right away, then I'm afraid I have to tell you that you have to wait a long long time.
We still work off new French members that joined us in the 4th quarter of 2020. So there are many many more that come before you.
It was just way too many that joined the French for the few trainers I had back then, even this volunteer call although giving me some more trainers will not help to work the waiting members off quickly.
Sorry to disappoint you.

Naturalmente non ho nessuna intenzione di passare davanti a nessuno. Come sono consapevole di perdere i privilegi ottenuti nei miei precedenti combattimenti. Avrò la pazienza necessaria che occorre in questi casi. Spero comunque che sia possibile il cambiamento perchè piano piano è quello che sto facendo anche negli altri club. Un poco alla volta riuscirò a sistemare tutto, a meno che non mi conferma che proprio non è possibile, ma ci terrei molto. Dopo una certa (piccola) esperienza di conoscenza dell'esercito alleato ora vorrei davvero combattere con i compagni del fiume Po. Reggimento che è di fatto stanziato a 30km da casa mia. Sarei piu spesso in famiglia. No, a parte gli scherzi, se non si può non si può, ma se fosse possibile con i dovuti tempi ne sarei grato. Potrei cominciare spazzando le latrine se fosse necessario...

Of course, I have no intention of passing in front of anyone. As I am aware of losing the privileges gained in my previous fights. I will have the necessary patience that is needed in such cases. I hope, however, that change is possible because slowly that is what I am doing in the other clubs as well. Little by little I will be able to fix it, unless you confirm that it just isn't possible, but I would like that very much. After some (small) experience of getting to know the Allied Army now I would really like to fight with the Po River Comrades. Regiment that is actually stationed 30km from my home. I would be in the family more often. No, all kidding aside, if you can't you can't, but if it were possible with proper timing I would be grateful. I could start by sweeping the latrines if necessary....

3ème Brigade
4ème Corps d'Armée

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:20 pm 

Nice approach, a change is fine with me, just wanted to make sure you don't have the wrong expectations.
I will contact Scott Ludwig and we will handle this mater as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:28 pm 

Général Hecht,

I was going through some documents and came across the L'École Spéciale Impériale Militaire Trainer Protocol V 1.1. Included in that document are the following points for discussion:

Game mechanics & basic tactics:
- How and when to move.
- How and when to shoot.
- How and when to melee.
- How and when to conduct a cavalry charge.
- Impact of disruption & routing as well as isolation on units.
- What formations(column, line, square) are for what situation.
- The benefits of skirmishers and how to use them.
- Understanding fatigue and its impacts.
- How to resupply infantry and what's up with artillery ammunition.
- Advantages & disadvantages of terrain.
- How to form a solid defense(most basic example is a 1st line with infantry in line formation, and a 2nd line with infantry in column formation).
- How to conduct a general assault, with emphasis on combined arms tactics. Combined arms tactics are for example, forcing infantry in square with own cavalry, use artillery(preferably horse artillery) to disorder such units, finish such units with infantry assault in column.

Considering the want for training officers, perhaps we could brainstorm the idea of starting conversations around these topics (i.e. practical tactical matters)?

Thank you for your consideration

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:17 am 

I welcome discussion about the training topics, our own "L'Ecole Spéciale Impériale Militaire" forum section will be glad to host such discussions, so if any point you listed caught your special interest just go ahead and start a thread there.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:40 am 

Send someone to me and I'll train them.

Garret

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:39 am 

Sir,

I am available if you consider me experienced enough. I would be glad to try.

Reserve de Cavalerie