Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:47 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by paco</i>
<br />Yann,

Each time that I go to your webpage my browser (Internet Explorer) locks up [B)]. Have you changed something? I never had this prolem before[xx(].

Regards,

Paco

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I tried it with Netscape and with Internet Explorer and had no problems with either browser.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
GdD,1e Brig,1eme Div,VI Corps,AdR
President, Colonial Campaign Club
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:50 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sharpie</i>
<br />General Moss, how did you get so many points....you must have played John Corbin a lot.

Lt Colonel Asher
1st Light Dragoons KGL
3rd Cav Bde
Anglo Cav Corps
7th Dragoon Guards
"The Black Horse"

Is it humour ? If it is, I will delete the message I write here.

I did not know that Allied had a list of "good" french player to play ? If it is, I'm not sure that Marechal Corbin is in well place in it. All Allied players have not the capacities of Andy Moss. Reading your post, It seems that you have not his spirit.
I think the best for you would be to delete your message.
Hope that you consider this was a mistake to post such a message unless you would like to have a lesson by John.

By the way, I would be curious to know (if this list is) if I am in this list ?

Regards

General de Division Lamezec
Comte de Davout
CO 2ème Division de Cavalerie légère
ADN2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:01 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Is it humour ? If it is, I will delete the message I write here.

I did not know that Allied had a list of "good" french player to play ? If it is, I'm not sure that Marechal Corbin is in well place in it. All Allied players have not the capacities of Andy Moss. Reading your post, It seems that you have not his spirit.
I think the best for you would be to delete your message.
Hope that you consider this was a mistake to post such a message unless you would like to have a lesson by John.

By the way, I would be curious to know (if this list is) if I am in this list ?

Regards

Comte de Davout
ADN2 <blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sir, I have plenty of spirit and I thought this Tavern was for good natured banter between armies. John will attempt to teach me a lesson and if he is not really upset then neither should you be.

Lt Colonel Asher
1st Light Dragoons KGL
3rd Cav Bde
Anglo Cav Corps
7th Dragoon Guards
"The Black Horse"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:14 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sharpie</i>

Sir, I have plenty of spirit and I thought this Tavern was for good natured banter between armies. John will attempt to teach me a lesson and if he is not really upset then neither should you be.

Lt Colonel Asher
1st Light Dragoons KGL
3rd Cav Bde
Anglo Cav Corps
7th Dragoon Guards
"The Black Horse"

Monsieur

I have no lesson to give you (as well you have no one to give me).I just explained with my bad english that I didn't like your message because you mentioned two players for bad reasons :
- One (Andy Moss) because he get many points. In my bad anglish, I understood that you wanted to say that he played easy french players to get these points. But may be I'm wrong ?
- the second, John, because he was an easy opponent from your point of view.But may be again,I misunterstood.
It's the reason why, I proposed you to delete your message.You have a different point of view.No problem with me on this point.

More than to give a lesson to you or you to me, I think, we have better to do. First, because I don't want to begin any dispute with you : we have two point of view and we must to respect its.
Second, because I find your message point out a problem that I have a lot of difficulties to resolve.
It's true that a victory against Jeff Bardon or Tomasz is a harder result to have than a victory against me.So I agree to consider that in the top, we must take account of this.
As DS Walter pointed out in an other message, we must take also account of the scenario's number of turn, including the campaign.

So, if you have any idea (I have some) or any help to give me about these problems, I think you made a greater job than to give me easily a lesson.

By the way, happy new year for you and yours

Regards

Comte de Davout
ADN2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:22 am 

Sir, you must understand that those of us where English is our native tongue and especially Brits will always joke against each other. Maybe you just looked at the words and didn't understand the tone. I meant no harm or insult and the two people in question know that...so do you now.

Lt Colonel Asher
1st Light Dragoons KGL
3rd Cav Bde
Anglo Cav Corps
7th Dragoon Guards
"The Black Horse"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:47 am 

<br />Sir, you must understand that those of us where English is our native tongue and especially Brits will always joke against each other. Maybe you just looked at the words and didn't understand the tone. I meant no harm or insult and the two people in question know that...so do you now.

Lt Colonel Asher
1st Light Dragoons KGL
3rd Cav Bde
Anglo Cav Corps
7th Dragoon Guards
"The Black Horse"

All my apologizes.I must improve my english.

Regards

Yann

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:08 am 

Sir, no apology is necessary, Happy New Year to you and your family[:)]

Lt Colonel Asher
1st Light Dragoons KGL
3rd Cav Bde
Anglo Cav Corps
7th Dragoon Guards
"The Black Horse"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:40 pm 
Andy , i am from Ausralia and hope i have not let you down when it comes to returning files on time,i try to return a file a day but also have a parttime job to attend to every couple of days,

Lt Byron Cameron,
4.Cheveauxleger Regiment
Bubenhofen
3 Cavallerie Brigade,
3 Division
VI Bavarian Corp
ADR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:11 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Those that I owe most to are Messrs Corbin; Owczarski; Dawson; Dodson; Duggan and Barrett (in part). <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
OK, Andy, I'll bite.
What's the part of me you owe most to?
Maybe I should show you some of my other parts too, just in fairness to them all. Some of them are really rather nice and you might like them.

General Barrett,
Duc de Ligny, Comte de Brienne,
Commander, VI (Bavarian) Corps, Army of the Rhine,
and
la 1er Compagnie d'Artillerie de la Vieille Garde

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:08 am 

I like the part of you that lost in NIR where I won by a surviving skirmisher, not the part from Waterloo or PTW.

Now if we divide victory points gained by victory points conceded I daresay we would have a far better idea of who is top of the tree. Me, I'd be on the lower branches I think.

Generalissimo
Opolchenie Korpus
Russian Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:09 am 

I've got to say this, Andy is the best Player I've ever played against, He was the first guy who really helped me when I came into the NWC , and he's still today one of my best mates in this club, but I still love beating him [:)]now and again [:D]

GdD Richy Duggan
Commandeur Division
2 e' Division,VI Corps
The Kingdom of Bavaria
AdR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:28 pm 

It was nice to be on Andy's list....at least I think I am the Johnson he meant. Haven't played him lately but I might just have a slight edge overall.

General Paul Johnson
Comte de Calais, Duc de Fleurus
les Gendarmes d'Elites, Cavalerie de la Vieille Garde
Commander 23rd Light Cavalry Bde
Cavalry Division
VII Saxon Corps
Armee du Rhin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:26 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by andy Moss</i>
The list of those to be avoided from my experiences is too lengthy but would include the Halls; Messrs Fuller, Johnson, Walter ...

Hope you don't! [:0]

<center>
D.S. "Green Horse" Walter, Maréchal d'Empire
Duc des Pyramides, Comte de Normandie
Commandant la [url="http://home.arcor.de/dierk_Walter/NWC/3_VI_AdR_Home.htm"]3e Division Bavaroise[/url], L'Armée du Rhin
Commandant [url="http://home.arcor.de/dierk_Walter/NWC/EdM_start.htm"]L'Ecole de Mars[/url], L'Armée du Rhin
Commandant la Brigade de Tirailleurs de la Jeune Garde
Image</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:56 am 

Richy - in yer dreams mate, in yer dreams. Those remarks just cost you another 14 guns and a General of Division.

Messrs Walter and Johnson. I've certainly learned a few things from the likes of you. Gone forever is my childish ignorance of such things as ZOC kills and modifyers.

Generalissimo
Opolchenie Korpus
Russian Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:10 am 
Well, I don't refuse a ZOC kill if it is offered to me, but neither do I go hunting for them on purpose. Still, as I said, I am up for embedded melee any time. Your call.

But I sincerely hope you were not serious about "avoiding" me. [B)]

<center>
D.S. "Green Horse" Walter, Maréchal d'Empire
Duc des Pyramides, Comte de Normandie
Commandant la [url="http://home.arcor.de/dierk_Walter/NWC/3_VI_AdR_Home.htm"]3e Division Bavaroise[/url], L'Armée du Rhin
Commandant [url="http://home.arcor.de/dierk_Walter/NWC/EdM_start.htm"]L'Ecole de Mars[/url], L'Armée du Rhin
Commandant la Brigade de Tirailleurs de la Jeune Garde
Image</center>