Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:23 am 

"Third, Mr. Graswich, hail and well met, there's the spirit! Don't accept my offered field of battle, but rather try to move me to your chosen one. Bravo. So be it. I will offer you a <u>PTW Twin Battles</u>, if that is your meaning. A debacle among the hedgerows is always a treat. And to paraphrase our great Emperor, "there is no shame being conquered by me"."

- General Barrett

Mon General,

You are the wily one indeed! The offer was clearly stated as

"BTW, mon General the <u>PTW: Quatre Bras </u>offer still stands....."

I am offering a pair of mirror games to rule out any advantage / disadvantage.

Although "Zulu" and "Zulu Dawn" are two of my favorite movies; playing the hapless Prussians at Ligny is not my cup of tea (or glass of wine if you so prefer)[8D]

Captain Jon Graswich
<font color="red">11th Light Dragoons
4th Cavalry Brigade
Anglo-Allied Cavalry Corps
H.Q. Staff & Army Webmaster</font id="red">

<i>Treu und Fest</i>
<i>Staunch and Steadfast</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:04 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jon Graswich</i>
<br />"Third, Mr. Graswich, hail and well met, there's the spirit! Don't accept my offered field of battle, but rather try to move me to your chosen one. Bravo. So be it. I will offer you a <u>PTW Twin Battles</u>, if that is your meaning. A debacle among the hedgerows is always a treat. And to paraphrase our great Emperor, "there is no shame being conquered by me"."

- General Barrett

Mon General,

You are the wily one indeed! The offer was clearly stated as

"BTW, mon General the <u>PTW: Quatre Bras </u>offer still stands....."

I am offering a pair of mirror games to rule out any advantage / disadvantage.

Although "Zulu" and "Zulu Dawn" are two of my favorite movies; playing the hapless Prussians at Ligny is not my cup of tea (or glass of wine if you so prefer)[8D]

Captain Jon Graswich
4th Cavalry Brigade

<i>Treu und Fest</i>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You think it would be eaiser playing him as the hapless British at Waterloo and QB. I am playing him now at Waterloo, needless to say I am not the greatest commander, but alas, another score for Barrett!! [:D] It just gets amusing after a while...

<center>--------------------------------------------------------

Herr Windbagenführer General der Infanterie Scott Prinz Ludwig von Saxe-Weimar
Aide-du-Kamp and Webmaster
Heer am Niederrhein

[url="http://www.prussianarmy.com/"]Königliche Preußische Armee[/url]

[url="http://www.networkforgood.org"]Network for Good[/url]

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - 1NWCG[/url]</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:56 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SLudwig</i>
<br />
You think it would be eaiser playing him as the hapless British at Waterloo and QB. I am playing him now at Waterloo, needless to say I am not the greatest commander, but alas, another score for Barrett!! [:D] It just gets amusing after a while...

<center>--------------------------------------------------------

Herr Windbagenführer General der Infanterie Scott Prinz Ludwig von Saxe-Weimar
Aide-du-Kamp and Webmaster
Heer am Niederrhein

[url="http://www.prussianarmy.com/"]Königliche Preußische Armee[/url]

[url="http://www.networkforgood.org"]Network for Good[/url]

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - 1NWCG[/url]</center>

Herr Windbagenführer General der Infanterie Scott Prinz Ludwig von Saxe-Weimar,

Pardon any unintended slight to the valiant forces of Prussia.

The last time I played the Twin Battles (not against General Barrett) the Prussians at Ligny , due to the lack of skirmishers and poor quality ratings, were unable to "shoot it out" with the French.

Although both the Prussian I and II Armee Korps had posted two brigades each, for a total of four brigades, the battle raged for the village of St. Amand Le Haye. The highlight of the battle was an attack by the Imperial Guard that was driven back at the point of the bayonet. It was quite spectacular!

Thus my "Zulu" reference.

Captain Jon Graswich
4th Cavalry Brigade

<i>Treu und Fest</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:23 pm 

Lt Col Asher,

I see you wish to have a go at PTW: QB. I am currently unable to give you a game, becuase my field command location is in flux, but if you can wait until March I will teach you multiple lessons on the field of QB. Like Marshal Barrett is the master of the field at Waterloo, I lay claim to be master of the fields around an obscure crossroad in Belgium. Lastly I hope to teach you more respect for your betters as I collect another British sword for my rather extensive collection. I believe Generalissimo Moss was my last victim on these bloody fields but yours will surely be the next.

I'll take a double!

General de Division Doug Fuller
Duc de Montmorail et Comte de Hainaut
2e' Grenadiers a' Pied de la Vielle Garde
I Corp Commander
AdN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:06 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by buffpilot</i>
<br />Lt Col Asher,

I see you wish to have a go at PTW: QB. I am currently unable to give you a game, becuase my field command location is in flux, but if you can wait until March I will teach you multiple lessons on the field of QB. Like Marshal Barrett is the master of the field at Waterloo, I lay claim to be master of the fields around an obscure crossroad in Belgium. Lastly I hope to teach you more respect for your betters as I collect another British sword for my rather extensive collection. I believe Generalissimo Moss was my last victim on these bloody fields but yours will surely be the next.

I'll take a double!

General de Division Doug Fuller
Duc de Montmorail et Comte de Hainaut
2e' Grenadiers a' Pied de la Vielle Garde
I Corp Commander
AdN

General de Division Doug Fuller,

Right game; wrong officer.

Drop me a line in March and we can match schedules. Not really one for trash talkin, but I will give you a good pair of games.

Captain Jon Graswich
4th Cavalry Brigade

<i>Treu und Fest</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:30 pm 

Maybe General Fuller should lay off the doubles.

Lt Colonel Asher
1st Light Dragoons KGL
3rd Cav Bde
Anglo Cav Corps
7th Dragoon Guards
"The Black Horse"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:41 am 

Ah I see my name being associated with another glorious defeat. That was not one of my better performances I confess. I shall have my revenge one day Mr Fuller.

I would recommend either Twin Battles or Waterloo against Mr Barrett to any young Allied officer. He has much to teach and we have much to learn. It is not a foregone conclusion either for those with more skill. Well, ok, I lost those games too but that's not the point. Really.

Generalissimo
Opolchenie Korpus
Russian Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:37 am 

Gentlemen:

You have got it all wrong... the final result of Muddy vs. Barrett at BG Waterloo was a DRAW! And I think the Frenchman was lucky because the Prussians were so damn late that it almost cost the Allies the game. If the Prussians had arrived at anything even close to normal, then perhaps the result would have been an Allied victory. The "Full Barrett" is not a sure path to victory.

I am still waiting for Gen. Barrett to purchase HPS Waterloo so that we can renew our discussion.

FM Sir 'Muddy' Jones, KG
2nd Life Guards, Household Cavalry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:49 am 

You will have a long wait Sir Muddy. Barrett and I crossed swords at Dover using the HPS engine. He hates the graphics and not too impressed with the engine. He is a die hard Bg man. As for that famous contest, indeed the low probability of Prussian arrival is not historical. That, and the fact reinforcements can be easily blocked, to me makes the game rather frustrating. Everyone knows exactly where and when the Prussians should arrive. Why only a 5 hex protection zone I do not know. I like the far larger HPS maps where such blocking on map edges is just not practical.

Generalissimo
Opolchenie Korpus
Russian Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:19 am 

Lt Colonel Asher
1st Light Dragoons KGL
3rd Cav Bde
Anglo Cav Corps
7th Dragoon Guards
You are an insolent official young man and if marshall Corbin does not have problem I could accept his challenge to save French Army´s Honor, my godfather would be the same marshall Corbin and please choose you the weapons with which you would wants to die [xx(][B)][:(][V](using modules of HPS, except Wagram)and you godfather to talk with the mine.
http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/g/glove_gifts.asp
Marechal Comte Gabriel Rodríguez
10 Division
III Corps
Armee du Nord
[:(!][:(!][:(!]

http://www.venezuela-emb.org.au/images/flag.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:25 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">You are an insolent official young man and if marshall Corbin does not have problem I could accept his challenge to save French Army´s Honor, my godfather would be the same marshall Corbin and please choose you the weapons with which you would wants to die (using modules of HPS, except Wagram)and you godfather to talk with the mine. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Do you mean I am officially insolent, if so by what authority do you make that statement? Are you so soaked in brandy that everything is foggy including the fact that myself and Marshal Corbin are already settling the matter on the field of honour. Go sit back in the corner sir and finish your drink with the other corpulent crapauds.

Lt Colonel Asher
1st Light Dragoons KGL
3rd Cav Bde
Anglo Cav Corps
7th Dragoon Guards
"The Black Horse"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:32 am 

I could see in your lines some fear to me. Go ahead you and drunk . [8D]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:37 am 

Que?

Lt Colonel Asher
1st Light Dragoons KGL
3rd Cav Bde
Anglo Cav Corps
7th Dragoon Guards
"The Black Horse"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:07 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sharpie</i>
<br />Maybe General Fuller should lay off the doubles.

Au contraire! A Frenchman never lays off, especially a double! To the contrary, we are always keen to lay on - more so when they are twins![;)]

<center>Image</center>

<b>Général de Division Michael Cox</b>
<font size="4"><i>Principe <font size="1">della </font id="size1">Toscana</i></font id="size4">
Comte de Moselle
<i><font size="4">Armée du Rhin</font id="size4">
<font size="2">2e battallion, 1er Regiment de Chasseurs a Pied, Inf. de l'V. Gde.</i></font id="size2">
<center>Image</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:21 pm 

NICE TWINS [:D][:D][:D][}:)]