Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:47 pm 
The door to the Rhine Tavern swings open as a red coated officer enters carrying an armload of swords. Having his hands thus fully occupied, he is compelled to close the door with his boot, causing it to slam a little harder than he had intended. The sudden loud noise, and the presence of an enemy bearing so many weapons, sends many of the French officers scurrying for cover under the tables at which they were so comfortably seated moments before. The Triumvirate of France maintain their seats, but visibly grimace at the actions taken by their fellow, French officers.

"Sorry," says a muffled voice from behind the swords.

Slowly crossing the tavern, as his vision is partially obscured by the numerous weapons he carries, the Coalition officer finally stops before the table that is normally occupied by the Hanoverian contingent. Carefully placing the swords on the table before him, the officer straightens, stretching his back in relief from the weight of the burden he was carrying.

“Well, Colonel, it looks like you have been very busy,” says the melodious voice of the tavern’s lovely barmaid, Helga. “Can I get you something to drink? You must have developed a mighty thirst carrying all of those captured, French swords.”

“Why yes Helga, indeed I have,” replies the Commander of the Hanoverian Brigade. “My usual will suit me just fine as today is a day of celebration. For all of their bold talk, it seems that the officers of the French V Corps have decided that surrendering to my brave Hanoverians was a wiser course than to continue to endure the drubbing they were sustaining at the hands of the Anglo-Allied Army. As all of these swords have now been registered with Generaal Bijl, I will just relax a bit and await the arrival of the French officers to claim them back. I suspect they feel a bit naked at the moment without their weapons.”

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:09 pm 

Ah yes, the Hanoverians are at it again.

Glad to hear that you folks had a good challenge. These are good for the club and we need more of them.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:14 pm 

I salute our Fallen Comrades, our General, my Brothers-in-Arms
&
the Vanquished Enemy:

SKOAL!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:24 pm 
So the challenge was to walk through a door with a lot of swords? Hanovarians, they're a riot! ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:42 am 

Congrats gentlemen, one day i'll claim my sword :D

Great game.

best

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:31 pm 
"You see, Capitaine Breton, one of the advantages of facing the Hanoverians is that we do not actually keep the swords of honorable opponents who stand the field with us to the end. Our only request is that you sit down with us here in this comfortable tavern and enjoy a drink with us to honor the brave men who have fallen on both sides. A simple request, after which your sword is returned to you. As you have fulfilled you obligation in this regard, you may pick your weapon out from amongst the pile. After all, no soldier should long endure the absence of his weapon. It simply is not dignified."

"We do, however, retain the other unneccesary baubles that your Emperor gifts to you for your service, such as Marechal's Batons, Command Standards and the like. These are remanded to our vast trophy room located in the Anglo-Allied Army's HQ Chateau. They serve as reminders of our many victories, and take up so much less space than all of those captured weapons. Generaal Bijl likes to keep things properly ordered and is rather a stickler when it comes to clutter. As his Staff Adjutant, I have found it best to comply with his wishes. It makes things flow so much smoother and has the added advantage of keeping me away from the business end of a firing squad."

The Hanoverian Commander motions to the beautiful bar maid, Helga. "If you would, my dear, please bring us a bottle of your very best French wine so that we may properly toast our fallen comrades and honorable foes."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:53 am 

A drink four our fallen comrades

best

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:14 pm 

Good job fellahs! :mrgreen:

Allied Coalition Webmaster & Club Website Support