Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:30 am 

Garson, a bucket of cheap Champagne for all the officers present.

As predicted in my last appearance at this grand establishment, my rise up the ranks has begun. After less than four months in the service of France, I’ve been promoted to the rank of Lieutenant, and my promotion to Capitaine is only awaiting the receipt of the paperwork from Army HQ.

I’ve also received my first medal, a Medaille Militaire.

Hardly surprising when you consider I’ve achieved major victories against three separate coalition Field Marshals in the past few months.

In head to head combat, Field Marshal Jim Hall K.G. submitted after a brief Waterloo campaign. No idea why it was called “Waterloo”, I never even saw the place. Rumour has it the Field Marshals horse passed wind there while being ridden northwards at full gallop ahead of his fleeing troops.

Fieldmarschall Stefano Ciampoli of the Austrian corps called it a day after only a four hour struggle at Ligny.

To round out the hattrick, General Mark Oakford of the Reserve de Cavalerie and I combined to defeat Field Marshal, Andrew Moss, along with Major General Richard Bradshaw, at a combined Quatre Bras - Ligny battle, also in quick time.

It’s not all been good news though. I was embarrassingly crushed at both Plancenoit by Generaal Marco Rietveld of the 1ste Nederlansch-Belgische Korps, and at Pirmasens by Polkovnik Paul Siragusa of the Imperial Russian Corps, but the less said about those the better. They were only small battles after all.

I’ve also been honing my skills in a series of quick, but hard fought and highly enjoyable small maneuvers against Colonel Carlos Summers, of the 75eme Regiment d’Infanterie de Ligne.

The final feather in my cap was a Major Victory, as the Coalition (cough splutter), after a long and extremely bloody maneuver at Valmy against Chef de Bataillon Fred Edens. It was a battle that truly could have gone either way for much of the day.

Where to next? Well many of these fine gentlemen have agreed to fight me again, at various locations from Northern Italy to Holland and central Germany. I’m confident the pas de charge will soon be heard encouraging the Emperors troops to more victories across Europe.
:frenchcharge:
Madame Wazelle, some inexpensive Port this time I think, and maybe a nice cheese platter.

4ème Corps d'Armée
La Grande Armée

-------------------------------------------------------
"I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel"
Blackadder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:05 pm 

Sir,

I urge you as a fellow officer in our Grand Army to use a bit of humility in your comments toward our many “enemies.” Confidence is surely a virtue on the fields of battle, but your language is dripping with hubris and I encourage you to consider the tone of future speeches.

Many of the armies you have defeated are being marshaled by honorable commanders that would still not say a negative word about your conduct, by I will.

Respect thy enemy, and have grace in victory and inevitable defeat, sir.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:38 pm 

As long as the fruits of the revolution are carried forward the Emperor will, without a doubt, be pleased.