Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:28 am 

Sometime back in late 2005 several club members and myself started up a NRC Twin Peaks battle under the title All Armies Challenge. Several Frenchmen took up the challenge and two teams for formed. John Corbin leads the French team while Marek Hlávka is the Russian CinC.

The CinCs issue orders and act as a subordinate leader in order to keep the game moving. Their job is to make sure that the file keeps moving in a quick manner so that the game doesnt bog down.

We are at turn 28 and the battle has developed into an interesting fight.

Both sides came on agressively with my Russian cavalry taking a beating (so what else is knew about me and cavalry?). The French have been able to establish themselves in a tenuous position in the center between our two wings but Kutusov has plans for them!

Jiri Lejnar is commanding the left flank while I am in the center. Martin Butas is the right flank leader and right now has his hands full with lots of Frenchies.

I want to publically commend my teammates. I have never worked with a group of guys that can turn a file around this fast. We get the file done folks in ONE DAY. Now there are probably other teams out there that have done this but figure that the file goes through FOUR different email servers, we all do our turn in the same day and get it back to the French very quickly.

John Corbin is doing his best to keep up with us but the Allies are definitely winning the file turnaround race. If only that would effect the overall outcome! Sad to say but VPs are still the criteria for success!

Kudos to all that are participating in this game. Its one of the more enjoyable MP games I have ever been in. I sense that there might be a grudge match after this one is over!!

Of special mention is the way that Marek is issuing orders via Excel spreadsheet files complete with game map images! He is doing a marvellous job and deserves a medal for his outstanding team management.

I will try and put up another report in a few months. By then we should have broken the back of the French team and be enjoying our dancing bears and cossack parties! [:D]

Bill Peters
HPS Napoleonic Scenario Designer (Eckmuhl, Wagram)

[url="http://www.fireandmelee.net"]Fire and Melee Wargame site[/url]