Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:08 pm 

Ed Blackburn and I have been playing the long 133 turn scenario from Campaign Marengo called 066. Battle on the Mincio: Advance of the Russians. We reached the 2nd day only to find that I had not added in weather lines for that day. The visibility was still 1 hex at 0700 (Dawn) when it should have been 2 hexes.

I never post corrected files on the forum as per Rich Hamilton's direction but if you want to play this scenario, or are currently playing it, please contact me via email and I will gladly send you the file. You will need it for when you reach the second day as otherwise you will only have 1 hex of visibility.

This is ONLY for those that are playing this scenario. Otherwise just wait for the next update.

This is the ONLY scenario in the game that uses this PDT file. Its been a blast playing it. I definitely will want to switch sides and try it as the French. The latest version of the scenario includes corrections to errors I found in the original version. More French Supply Wagons were added and issue with units arriving on the map Disordered (Allied reinforcements) was corrected as well as an issue in Pescha town/island with a missing bridge.

This is a fun scenario and I highly recommend it for team play. While the Allies do outnumber the French, the size of the map and shortened 2nd day will mean that the Allies really have to move quickly in order to win. If some of the bridges to the rear are blown its going to make capturing the VPs on the west side of the Chiese River very difficult. The Allies do have pioneer units which so far have come in very handy during the battle.

I am going to do a comprehensive check to see if there are other scenarios that have two days of turns and see if their PDT files need weather lines. I am hoping that this one is all I have to correct.

Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Prinz Peters von Dennewitz

3. Husaren-Regiment, Reserve-Kavallerie, Preußischen Armee-Korps

Honarary CO of Garde-Ulanen Regiment, Garde-Grenadier Kavallerie

NWC Founding Member

For Club Games: I prefer the Single Phase mode of play. I prefer to play with the following options OFF:

MDF, VP4LC, NRO, MTD, CMR, PR, MIM, NDM, OMR (ver 4.07)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:19 am 

Thanks Bill for the corrections, such things are always welcome.